Senior Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2022
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerage firms in the US, with over $2 billion in annual revenue and plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
Our explosive growth is your opportunity to further your logistics career in an accelerated senior role on our Business Development team. We’re looking for candidates with previous third-party logistics experience who are ready to put their expertise to work at the fastest growing brokerage in the country. If you have excelled in a shipper-facing role before, our Senior Business Development Representative position will be an elevated continuation of your logistics career. You can expect to develop new prospects, land new business, and expand the amount of service offerings you are able to provide.
What You’ll Do
- Continue to build on your previous logistics sales skills
- Prospect, acquire, and expand Mid-Market & Major clients to drive Arrive growth
- Become an expert in all modes of Arrive’s service offerings, our business model, customer specific solutions, and our proprietary software
- Respond to sales inquiries and use your knowledge of the market to provide strategic pricing, offer capacity, and provide innovative solutions to our clients needs
- Be a team player by collaborating with our Client Success and Carrier Sales teams to expand each account while offering best-in-class support
- Travel as required to new and prospective clients, conduct quarterly business reviews, and expand relationships
- Take advantage of professional development courses that will complement your industry mastery.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in sales or third-party logistics
- Experience with different mode types is a plus, including drayage, intermodal, LTL and cross-border
- Track record of success in sales
- Ability to coach and lead others
- Demonstrated ability to price business strategically and competitively
- Exceptional negotiation and relationship-building skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to deliver results under pressure
- Commitment to customer obsession and a passion for sales
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance - If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.