Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2022
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerage firms in the US, with over $2 billion in annual revenue and plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skill set to an organization experiencing rapid growth and technological transformation! As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with Product Managers, UX, and your engineering team to create solutions, develop stories, and execute them. If you possess strong technical skills, a passion for complexity, and a desire to make an impact, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with your fellow engineers, Product, Data Science, and UX to solve problems and build impactful features for our users
- Learn, teach, and grow on a supportive team as you try new things and master the things you’re already good at
- Develop both prototypes and core production systems that have an impact on Arrive’s ability to grow and scale
- Collaborate with engineers outside your team through guilds, hackweeks, pull requests, design sessions, and tech reviews to broaden your knowledge, friendships, and impact
- Work collaboratively as well as independently, with opportunities for real ownership throughout the feature lifecycle
- NodeJS and one of the major frameworks
- RESTful API design & development
- SQL and relational database architecture
- UI development with modern libraries like React
- Unit/integration testing
- DevOps experience is a strong bonus
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- An absolute commitment to quality.
- Proven proficiency in modern back-end development and makes well-reasoned design decisions.
- A commitment to test coverage as a core principle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work independently or collaboratively.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays! Breakfast is provided on Mondays and lunch on Fridays. Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance - If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.
See more open positions at Arrive Logistics
Something looks off?