Corporate and Equity Paralegal
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerage firms in the US, with over $2 billion in annual revenue and plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
The Corporate and Equity Paralegal will be a key player in Arrive’s legal group with a significant amount of cross-group responsibilities. This exciting position will be a key player in the management of Arrive’s equity program, assist with domestic and international corporate structuring and governance, and handle general corporate/commercial paralegal duties. The Corporate and Equity Paralegal will be meticulously detail oriented, with the ability to work independently and embrace the challenges of a hyper-growth environment.
What You’ll Do
- Administer Arrive’s equity awards program, including preparing equity award grants, managing our equity program software, tracking equity details and communicating with participants regarding the program.
- Become a subject matter expert in Arrive’s equity structure and awards program and work closely with the General Counsel, the VP of Total Rewards, the Tax Director and other internal stakeholders and outside investors in the management of Arrive’s equity. Prepare and update capitalization tables, shareholder ledgers and other documentation relating to Arrive’s equity.
- Assist the General Counsel in the domestic and international structuring and governance of Arrive’s legal entities.
- Along with other members of the legal group, negotiate customer, supplier and other contracts on behalf of Arrive.
- As a corporate paralegal, provide support and legal assistance on a wide variety of corporate/commercial and commercial litigation matters.
- Work independently on a wide variety of special projects for the legal group, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with paralegal certification, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a corporate/commercial paralegal
- Systems aptitude: broad experience working with capitalization tables and/or web-based equity management software (Shareworks knowledge preferred)
- Good knowledge of the basics of legal equity and capital structures (experience in working with LLCs and profits interest units is a plus)
- Strong systems aptitude. In particular, an advanced skillset in Excel/Google Sheets is required
- Basic contracts knowledge and a general understanding of company operations, organization, and procedures
- Excellent time management, task tracking, organization and follow up skills
- Highly dependable and reliable with a proven track record of becoming an indispensable go-to staff member
- Comfortable working with highly confidential information
- Experience working in the transportation industry is a plus
- Commercial litigation experience a plus
- Strong research skills
- Spoken and Written Spanish fluency is a plus
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance - If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Candidate Engagement Specialist who can answer any questions!
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.
See more open positions at Arrive Logistics
Something looks off?