Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerage firms in the US, with over $2 billion in annual revenue and plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
What You’ll Do
At Arrive Logistics, our HR Business Partner will be a true strategic adviser to business leaders on our Carrier Sales team. You will be responsible for collaborating and consulting with leaders to connect various business challenges with people-oriented solutions. You’ll use your skills in areas like employee relations, employee engagement, and change management to strategically guide leaders and support employees by promoting positive manager-employee relationships and fostering a highly engaged and fun culture.
- Partner strategically with managers and leaders to analyze and identify key trends and metrics and proactively develop ideas and solutions to ensure a People first strategy
- Build strong relationships with Arrive’s management. Focused on understanding their business and team, identifying areas of strength and opportunity, and defining creative solutions.
- Execute team organizational design and performance metrics including succession management, talent assessment (9-box), leadership competencies, and development planning.
- Execute top tier employee relations support. Investigate employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other work-related issues; recommend an appropriate resolution of complaints and monitor results.
- Execute disciplinary actions, including performance plans, employee warnings, and terminations. Lead through complex employee relations issues and disciplinary actions.
- Strategic partnership with our Total Rewards and Talent Management team to ensure we are aligned and partnered in the execution of human capital initiatives.
- Advocate a positive employee experience and leverage your internal relationships to proactively create culture-building opportunities across the organization.
- Ensure all FMLA, Medical Leave and ADA, EEO complaints, and other work-related issues and case documentation is properly handled and records are maintained.
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates. Partner with retained employment counsel as needed.
- Partner effectively with management, members of the people operations team and other cross functional leaders to devise and implement strategies that further our business results and the performance of our teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, related field or professional experience equivalent. HR certificate strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience. 2+ years of demonstrated business partner experience is required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You understand that communication is key and change management is an area of experience and passion.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion. Respect for confidentiality and personal tact - this is a MUST!
- Hustle that is unrivaled and a passion for your work that can’t be matched.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX - we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance - If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Candidate Engagement Specialist who can answer any questions!
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.
See more open positions at Arrive Logistics
Something looks off?