Cash Applications Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is a leading transportation and technology company in North America, having surpassed $2 billion in annual revenue with plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for cash application activities. This position is a critical and integrated member of the Accounting team and a successful candidate will have previous related accounting experience and the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, high transaction processing environment. The position requires an individual who is ambitious, self-directed, and capable of working autonomously and with the broader leadership team to achieve the business and financial goals of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts.
- Monitor daily e-mail inbox and address inquiries timely and accurately.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts against appropriate GL.
- Research and address unapplied and unallocated receipts.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies to ensure that the AR balances are accurately reported on a monthly basis.
- Effectively communicate with customers, internal and external business partners at all levels throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the Customer Relations Specialist and Business Development team to resolve unapplied payments.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with the Customer Relations Team, internal sales, and sales management.
- Ensure that best practices and banking technology are fully leveraged to ensure that best in class cash management functions are utilized.
- Contribute to business process re-engineering to increase efficiencies, reduce unapplied cash, and increase accuracy of posting.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 1+ years of cash application experience or relevant A/P, A/R, or corporate accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Oracle/NetSuite Experience preferred
- Intermediate level of Google Suites with a focus on G-Sheets
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Able to prioritize tasks and take ownership of assignments and related key deliverables.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong adherence to written procedures.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills; able to perform v-lookups and create pivot tables.
- Demonstrates and models company values with internal and external customers.
- Works successfully as a team member.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401(k) program.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Enjoy office wide engagement activities, team events, happy hours and more!
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Candidate Engagement Specialist who can answer any questions.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve been recognized as a top workplace by Inc. Fast Company, Fortune, and earned Top Workplaces and Great Place to Work, to name a few. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, Prisms, Black Logistics Group, Salute and Unidos.