Cash Applications Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerage firms in the US, with over $2 billion in annual revenue and plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
Our explosive growth is your opportunity to accelerate your career in a high-impact, Cash Applications Specialist role on our Accounting team. We’re looking for candidates willing to go above and beyond to deliver the results, service and experience that we pride ourselves on at Arrive, so you’ll thrive in this position if you’re ambitious, self-directed, and capable of working autonomously and with the broader leadership team to achieve the business and financial goals of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts.
- Monitor daily e-mail inbox and address inquiries timely and accurately.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts against appropriate GL.
- Research and address unapplied and unallocated receipts.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies to ensure that the AR balances are accurately reported on a monthly basis.
- Effectively communicate with customers, internal and external business partners at all levels throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the Customer Relations Specialist and Business Development team to resolve unapplied payments.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with the Customer Relations Team, internal sales, and sales management.
- Ensure that best practices and banking technology are fully leveraged to ensure that best in class cash management functions are utilized.
- Contribute to business process re-engineering to increase efficiencies, reduce unapplied cash, and increase accuracy of posting.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 1+ years of cash application experience or relevant A/P, A/R, or corporate accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Oracle/NetSuite Experience preferred
- Intermediate level of Google Suites with a focus on G-Sheets
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Able to prioritize tasks and take ownership of assignments and related key deliverables.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong adherence to written procedures.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills; able to perform v-lookups and create pivot tables.
- Demonstrates and models company values with internal and external customers.
- Works successfully as a team member.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance - If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.
See more open positions at Arrive Logistics
Something looks off?