Training and Onboarding Specialist
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Who We Are
For almost a decade, Arrive Logistics has delivered incredible service throughout the U.S., with a commitment to servicing our customers and exceeding expectations. With more shippers moving freight between Mexico, the U.S., and Canada, we’ve expanded our service offering to include cross-border service. Cross-border shipping logistics has a lot of complexities, multiple parties, multiple languages, and a border separating the pickup and delivery. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board with our rapidly-growing cross-border team in Guadalajara, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
Our explosive growth is your opportunity to accelerate your career in a high-impact Training and Onboarding Specialist role on our Talent Development team. We’re looking for candidates willing to go above and beyond to deliver a high quality training an onboarding experience for new employees in our Guadalajara, Mexico office. As a Training Specialist for our Mexico team, you will coordinate and facilitate the first weeks of training at Arrive, which includes the new hire on-boarding process and leading classroom training for new employees on the BizDev Sales, Carrier Sales, Client Success, Driver Services, and Cross-Border Mexico teams. In addition, this role will support other continued education and cross border training initiatives as assigned.
What You’ll Do
- Leads the initial weeks of training at the Arrive Guadalajara, Mexico office including classroom training for Client Success, Biz Dev, Carrier Sales, Driver Services, Cross-Border Mexico, and/or Temp hire training as needed.
- Evaluates and provides trainee performance feedback through performance metrics, trainer evaluations, class survey, grade sheet for trainees and team feedback loop.
- Ensures learning objectives, activities, and tests are executed with the highest level of adoption.
- Manages & encourages engagement opportunities between trainees and leaders across the business during their training program.
- Continuously evaluates & works with leadership to improve the training program as the company evolves.
- Prepares new hires for their transition to the sales floor and works with hiring Managers to ensure a seamless hand-off.
- Supports facilitation on continued education content where applicable.
- Continuously grows knowledge in the Client Success, Biz Dev, Carrier, Driver Services, and Cross-Border Mexico teams of Arrive by staying up to date with the market and the latest in the freight industry.
- Build strong partnerships with the L&D leadership team to collaborate and continuously improve training initiatives.
- Supports development of content for cross border learning needs across Arrive.
- Collaborate with other members of the L&D team on various department projects/tasks.
- Provides a highly engaging and inspiring environment that motivates new hires and excites them to continue their career at Arrive.
- Gives context to content by highlighting examples from their personal experiences and observations from their own time working in sales.
- Accurately speaks to how our business works and paints an engaging picture of the Business Development Rep, Carrier Rep, Account Executive, and other roles and responsibilities assigned.
- Can identify personal characteristics and connect with the L&D specialists to provide insight into their learning and work style.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 2+ years of sales or operations experience at a third party logistics provider and/or transportation company; Cross-Border Mexico experience a plus
- Bilingual - Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish (High B2-C1)
- The ability to engage and inspire an audience in a training setting.
- The ability to challenge trainees & hold them accountable.
- The ability to assess talent and provide feedback.
- The ability to answer advanced level questions (regarding 3PL, Sales, and Arrive) as they come up during the training class.
- An excellent public speaker.
- Flexible & solutions-oriented. In this environment, things change quickly and the individual will need to be resilient & provide creative solutions.
- A drive to continuously learn about sales and the freight brokerage industry to pass on knowledge to others.
- A positive attitude and a winning spirit.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Take advantage of our benefits including monthly grocery vouchers, vacation days, savings fund, medical insurance and more.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays… Food is on Arrive!
- Work in our new Guadalajara office located in Midtown WeWork Plaza
- Park your car for free on site!
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with complimentary coffee and tea
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
Your Arrive Experience
Our award-winning company culture is designed with you in mind. We are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth and making Arrive a place we all love to work.