Senior Benefits Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is a leading transportation and technology company in North America, having surpassed $2 billion in annual revenue with plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
We are seeking a skilled Senior Benefits Specialist to join our Employee Success team. You will be responsible for administering Arrive’s company-wide benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, employee recognition programs, and the 401(k) plan. You will also support other people-centric projects and initiatives as they come up.
To be successful in this position, the Senior Benefits Specialist should have excellent communication and organizational skills and a solid understanding of various benefit programs and processes.
What You’ll Do
- Administers Arrive’s domestic and international benefits programs (e.g., retirement plans, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.).
- Administers and communicates the company's benefits programs in regards to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements.
- Surveys market data in order to determine the company’s competitive position in employee benefits.
- Assists in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs.
- Collaborates with outside vendors, such as investment advisors, benefits brokers, and benefits vendors.
- Makes recommendations based on data analyses.
- Monitors government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends.
- Manages all government related reporting and filings including audits, 5500s, non-discrimination testing, Plan Documents, and Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS and provides vendors with accurate and timely eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations and educates employees on their benefit programs.
- Performs quality checks and audits of benefits-related data.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, eligibility, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to eligibility, enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts.
- Manages the open enrollment process, employee meetings and education, and communication.
- Provides necessary reports for premium allocation/billing charges and pays premiums in a timely manner.
- Supports additional Total Rewards projects and initiatives when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.
- 4+ years’ experience in HR benefits administration.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Knowledgeable of fully-insured and self-funded plans and processes.
- Experience with both fully-insured and self-funded plans.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate and analyze data in reports.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with Workday benefits modules.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to focus on projects from start to finish.
- Ability to conduct oneself with a high level of discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401(k) program.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Enjoy office wide engagement activities, team events, happy hours and more!
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Sweat it out with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Candidate Engagement Specialist who can answer any questions.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve been recognized as a top workplace by Inc. Fast Company, Fortune, and earned Top Workplaces and Great Place to Work, to name a few. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, Prisms, Black Logistics Group, Salute and Unidos.