Associate Research Analyst
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Who We Are
Arrive Logistics is a leading transportation and technology company in North America, having surpassed $2 billion in annual revenue with plans to grow significantly year over year. Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we’re building together. We’re committed to providing employees with a meaningful work experience and have established an award-winning culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment. There’s never been a more exciting time to get on board, so read on to learn more and apply today!
Who We Want
The Associate Research Analyst position is responsible for helping stakeholders within Arrive stay informed on the latest trends in the freight market and how they are impacting business operations as well as holding a key role in driving KPI performance by enabling more informed decision making related to day to day freight management. This role goes beyond traditional reporting and seeks to provide insights and answers, through data, to critical business questions.
What You’ll Do
- Gather data from internal and external sources to identify and monitor market and economic conditions relevant to national and global trends in transportation and supply chain.
- Monitor and forecast freight market and other macroeconomic trends.
- Provide timely economic and market research and analyses to assist Arrive in maintaining a competitive market advantage and working with business stakeholders to apply to day-to-day operations.
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports for stakeholders across the business to absorb and apply.
- In collaboration with the Senior Research Analyst, form relationships with business stakeholders to understand how research can support various projects and opportunities in the business.
- Be able to share a packaged overview of research for a select topic while also feeling comfortable to speak on the topic directly with stakeholders.
- Educate the BD and Carrier departments on effective load management leveraging market knowledge through reporting, communication, and training.
- Report monthly Load Board Management KPIs to the leadership team to drive visibility and enhance productivity.
- Identify weekly trends and coordinate cross-departmental decision making and coverage strategy.
- Support the various initiatives to effectively manage the life of the load to drive coverage, service, and profitability.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle large data sets to identify patterns and generate insights.
- Support other Load Board Management Stakeholders with ad-hoc reporting and business insights.
- Perform trend analysis on business operations to support internal strategic initiatives and process improvement.
- Leverage data to review business trends, variance in trends and dig into reasons of variance with potential actions for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Communications or related degree
- 1-2 years experience in an analytical or research role and providing insight and recommendation based on data and analysis preferred
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry is preferred
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Ability to gather and interpret market data
- The ideal candidate will possess advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills, writing/communications, and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to think visually with strong written and verbal communication skills
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401(k) program.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Enjoy office wide engagement activities, team events, happy hours and more!
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Sweat it out with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Candidate Engagement Specialist who can answer any questions.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve been recognized as a top workplace by Inc. Fast Company, Fortune, and earned Top Workplaces and Great Place to Work, to name a few. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, Prisms, Black Logistics Group, Salute and Unidos.