Senior Director, Accounting
Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
Artera’s Accounting team is seeking a new Senior Director of Accounting. You will directly report into our VP of Finance, and will be responsible for leading and growing the Accounting team. You will have a wealth of experience leading talented Accounting teams for software companies and you are looking for your next challenge. This role will own this function and will have many opportunities to implement meaningful changes. This is a complex role that will present you with many opportunities to work on engaging projects.
- Identify and implement process improvements within the Accounting team that drive faster and more accurate reporting, closing processes, and annual audit process
- Implement systems / applications that increase process automation and efficiency across accounting functions
- Lead team by example; able to do individual work as well as coach the Accounting team
- Scale the Accounting team and continue to develop talent
- Proactively engage in constructive conversations with senior leaders
- Own acquisition integration across accounting functions
- Own monthly financial reporting process
- Review assigned general ledger accounts and consistently question any unusual / non-routine transactions and account balance variances
- Prepare and approve journal entries
- Prepare reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts and review reconciliations performed by others when assigned
- Lead annual audit process
- Implement an ERP system and drive the maximum benefit from that system
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Revenue Operations, Customer Success, and Sales teams
- Develop risk management and mitigation strategy
- Implement industry standard accounting and financial controls
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures
- Manage relationships with third party accounting and tax advisors
- Extensive experience leading and scaling Accounting teams for SaaS companies
- Experience running annual audits
- Deep understanding of ASC 606 and other SaaS accounting standards
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting standards and deep experience with monthly GAAP financial reporting, including consolidating multiple entities
- Deep understanding of NetSuite and experience using NetSuite to drive operational improvements
- Experience integrating acquisitions
- Passionate about mentoring, developing, supporting, and growing your team
- Operates with a high level of integrity and equity
- History of demonstrated successes with influencing change and driving adoption of new processes and systems
- CPA License
- Experience with different exit strategies (M&A, IPO, etc.)
- Available to travel to our Santa Barbara, CA headquarters 2-4 times per year
- Healthcare technology experience
- Tax expertise
- Experience managing SOX audit
- Experience working with international subsidiaries
- Big 4 experience
- 30 Days - Start to build relationships with your team and understand the business
- 60 Days - Identify opportunities for improvement and present recommendations
- 90 Days - Develop workstreams, set clear project implementation plan(s)
Artera is Santa Barbara, CA based and remote friendly. If you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area and located within the United States and are interested in working remotely, APPLY TODAY. #LI-Remote #BI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Company benefits - Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term & long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and more!
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, employee development funds.
- Generous time off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Actual base salary will depend on experience, skills, education, geographic location, and/or internal equity.
$143,000.00 - $198,000.00
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.