VP of Sales
Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
We are looking for a dynamic, high-growth sales leader to join our successful team to continue driving revenue growth. As the VP of Sales, you will report directly to our COO and be a key member of our cross-functional senior leadership team. You will be responsible for forging strong relationships with key clients, developing and executing sales strategies, and managing a team across inside and outside sales, sales development, sales operations, and enablement.
As VP of Sales, you will be a customer-focused leader with an in-depth understanding of complex healthcare systems and the challenges they face. Specifically, the VP of Sales will:
- Work alongside other members of the leadership team to design and execute a growth strategy to expand annual recurring revenues to $100M+.
- Evaluate the existing go-to-market strategy and team infrastructure, and implement a strategy to maintain core success while successfully expanding into new market segments and geographies, driving high revenue growth (40%+ YoY).
- Create and execute long-term growth strategies to $300M+ ARR, including TAM/SAM analysis, sales projections, resource needs, and pipeline planning.
Sales Strategy and Leadership
- Develop and implement clear goals and a comprehensive sales strategy to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Provide visionary leadership to the sales team, fostering a high-performance culture.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally to achieve strategic goals.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
- Identify new business opportunities and build strategic partnerships.
- Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing sales team.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to develop the skills and careers of team members.
- Create and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Oversee sales operations, including sales forecasting, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Utilize sales technology and tools to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Streamline processes to enhance the overall sales workflow.
Market Analysis and Insights
- Stay informed about market trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs.
- Use data and market insights to refine sales strategies and identify growth opportunities.
Sales Collateral and Training
- Collaborate with marketing to develop effective sales collateral and materials.
- Ensure that the sales team is well-equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to succeed.
- Proven track record in sales leadership within the SaaS/Healthtech industry, preferably in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- High level of intellectual horsepower and business acumen.
- Ability to break down issues and present logical solutions in a clear, compelling way – you know how to craft a good memo and/or slide presentation.
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to translate ideas into executable plans.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in building and managing successful sales teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain client relationships.
- Passion for healthcare and Artera’s vision to make healthcare #1 in customer service.
- Advanced sales pipeline and forecasting ability.
- Data-driven and analytical mindset with the ability to leverage insights for decision-making.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce) and other sales tools to drive efficiency.
- Results-oriented and a strong sense of ownership in achieving sales targets.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A visionary approach to sales and a passion for staying at the forefront of industry trends.
Artera is Santa Barbara, CA based and remote friendly. If you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area and located within the United States and are interested in working remotely, APPLY TODAY. #LI-Remote #BI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Company benefits - Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term & long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and more!
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, employee development funds.
- Generous time off - Company holidays and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Actual base salary will depend on experience, skills, education, geographic location, and/or internal equity.
$200,000 - $275,000 + bonus
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.