Our Mission: Make healthcare #1 in customer service.
What We Deliver: Artera (formerly WELL Health®) is the patient communication platform that delivers happier staff, healthier patients, and more profitable organizations. We enable two-way conversations between patients and their healthcare teams through secure, multilingual messaging across multiple channels – including text, email, and telephone. By unifying disjointed touchpoints into a single, intuitive channel, Artera fuels connected patient experiences and empowers organizations to deliver the best customer service imaginable.
Our Impact: Artera helps 500+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 40+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, Artera was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). Artera was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In in 2022, and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for three consecutive years.
Artera is seeking a mid-level Product Designer to tackle all aspects of the design process. This is a multidisciplinary role that includes research, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design while working with agile cross-functional teams across multi-device experiences. We are looking for a product-minded designer who is able to look deeply at holistic user experiences, device ecosystems, and be able to align that to business objectives. This means exercising good judgment in assessing inputs from teammates, synthesizing these inputs into complete designs, and prioritizing tasks based on desired outcomes.
This role will contribute to how we define design processes, interaction models, and visual systems, in service of creating exceptional digital product experiences.
- Work directly with product management and engineering in an agile environment to solve complex design challenges.
- Support the team as needed with wireframes, flow diagrams, rapid prototypes and visual design to help communicate and validate design ideas.
- Facilitate user research, in collaboration with the team, to validate prototypes and conduct ongoing usability testing of the working software.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure the integrity of interaction and visual design specifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that accessibility is integrated into all stages of the product development cycle.
- 4+ years of working experience in designing digital products from concept to implementation.
- A design portfolio or case studies ready to share that demonstrates outstanding interaction design skills from architecture, flow mapping, to prototyping as well as a thorough understanding of graphic design, page layout and typography.
- Comfortable working in both low and high fidelity with a keen sense of what tool(s) to choose to clearly communicate ideas or solutions.
- Ability to articulate the process, approach, and impact of designs.
- Ability to plan and execute user research programs that inform product design and strategy.
- Experience designing within and contributing to a Design System.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguous environments, including adapting to new challenges, scenarios, and working styles.
- Familiar with accessibility guidelines and best practices, including WCAG 2.1, and be able to design and test for accessibility throughout the design process.
- Experience with Figma or similar tool.
- Strong preference for experience working in an Agile environment.
- BA or BS in Design or HCI is preferred.
- Healthcare experience
- Startup experience
Artera is Santa Barbara, CA based and remote friendly. If you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area and located within the United States and are interested in working remotely, APPLY TODAY. #LI-Remote #BI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Company benefits - Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term & long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and more!
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, employee development funds.
- Generous time off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Actual base salary will depend on experience, skills, education, geographic location, and/or internal equity.
$114,000 - $156,000
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at Artera Instagram (@artera_io) to hear from our employees about working at Artera.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that Artera currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. Artera is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Something looks off?