Product Manager, Workflows
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Modern science deserves modern software. Benchling is designed and built for our customers to discover and develop breakthrough innovations faster. As our customers operate at increasing scale, our Workflows Team is at the heart of enabling them to go faster. In the biotech revolution ‘faster’ means discovering and getting to market new medicines, crops, foods, and materials that have an enormous impact. Our Workflows product is the way that collaboration happens within and across teams throughout research and development. It is the engine behind how experiments, testing, samples and more are organized and managed. This is how workflows are crafted, tasks created and assigned, and work tracked. This role is to lead Product Management for our Workflows Team. We are looking for a highly experienced Product Manager with a background in enterprise SaaS to take this product to the next level. There is the opportunity to define the vision and strategy for our Workflows product and magnify its impact across the whole Benchling product suite.
Biotech industry experience is not required - but enterprise SaaS experience is, ideally having previously developed a Workflows product. This is a senior role for a highly experienced Product Manager. You will join a team of engineers and product designers with the ambition to transform how Workflows work in Benchling and help our customers progress their science faster.
- Lead Product Management for our Workflows Team, including defining and driving the roadmap for our Workflows product
- Engage deeply with customers to understand their requirements and use-cases
- Set the vision and strategy for Workflows in Benchling and influence stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to develop and release new product capabilities
- Partner with our Product Analytics Team to establish success metrics and measure the impact of released features
- Collaborate with product teams across Benchling to include workflow platform capabilities in our new solutions
- Partner with Customer Experience, Sales and Marketing teams
- 8 years of Product Management experience
- 4 years in enterprise SaaS
- Experience across highly technical products, platform level capabilities and end-user facing experiences
- Experience in leading Product Management for a Workflows product or comparable enterprise SaaS capability
- Past experience operating at a senior level, setting direction and influencing stakeholders
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $167,000 - $226,000.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-Hybrid #BI-Remote #LI-EN1
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Something looks off?