Product Support Analyst
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is building a world-class Customer Experience organization to drive the adoption of our solutions across our rapidly growing customer base. The Product Support Analyst plays a key role on the team supporting our customers and internal Benchling teams as they use Benchling to transform how their research teams work together.
To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of our products, our customers, their science, and their R&D processes. You will leverage this knowledge to deliver timely and quality help to our customers. Your primary responsibilities include being the first line contact for all inbound product questions and troubleshoot issues for our global customer base. You will help empower our customers by solving hundreds of interactions through our multi-channel platform (form, chat or email), coordinating on customer requests with our internal teams (Build, Product, Technical Account Managers, Customer Success, Professional Services), updating internal and external knowledge articles, provide occasional customer trainings/marketing events and by leading internal Support projects to elevate our customer’s experience.
If you are passionate about Life Sciences, looking for an opportunity to join a cutting edge software company who is enabling transformational changes in R&D processes, and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make our customers and users successful, this is the role for you.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA. We will only consider candidates for this role who are based in the Bay Area or are open to relocating to San Francisco to work a hybrid schedule.
- Be the first line contact to answer product questions and resolve issues for all our customers (Enterprise, Premier, Standard), while deeply understanding scientist pain points for our global customer base
- Become a Benchling product expert. Leverage this knowledge to assist in users through troubleshooting customer support tickets and creating and updating internal/external knowledge articles.
- Collaborate with our internal teams (Build, Product, Technical Account Managers, Customer Success, Professional Services) to coordinate on customer issues through resolution
- Document continuously changing product knowledge in internal help articles
- Occasionally deliver in person or virtual trainings for customers and for marketing events (Benchling Bootcamps, Benchtalk, etc)
- Lead internal Support projects to continuously improve Support processes and elevate our customer’s Support experience
- This role requires occasional holiday and weekend coverage
- BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Bioengineering, or similar life science field, required. This role is a great fit for recent graduates.
- Some experience in a lab or research setting. You empathize with scientists and can quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- Some experience working in software/technology/data modeling or analysis. Technical experience such as SQL, API integration, Python, etc. a plus.
- Some experience in a customer focused role (job or internship). Support experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills. You are an excellent verbal and written communicator. You can quickly evaluate a customer’s question or concern, apply or source knowledge and provide an impactful solution or response.
- Strong organization and time management skills. You have the skills to balance competing requests and can prioritize them effectively.
- Empathy and Diplomacy. You always put customers first. You can empathize with our customers and provide solutions to elevate their experience. You can work through challenging client requests, set the correct expectations and provide appropriate corrective actions.
- Autonomous and proactive. Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful in a rapidly changing environment.
- Curious, creative, and tenacious. You are an advocate for customers and roll up your sleeves to help get a any customer problem solved
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $73,170 - $89,430.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-TD1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.