Customer Success Manager - Digital
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling believes in putting our customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide an outstanding experience for our customers and our users from the first touchpoint, through our implementations, and once they are live. We take pride in our world-class renewal rates, and Customer Success is a crucial part of this equation. To keep up with our rapidly expanding growth, we are building a team of top-tier Customer Success Managers with experience in Life Sciences, who can help grow the organization, develop our processes, and drive execution across our entire customer base.
Our Customer Success Management (CSM) team works alongside our Professional Services, Product, and Sales teams to help customers improve the value of their Benchling investments. CSMs will work directly with our customers, and develop strategies and tactics to drive adoption, promote usage of new features, drive product strategy, recommend best practices, and ensure there is ongoing expansion of the Benchling platform.
The Digital CSM team at Benchling specifically focuses on driving product adoption, retaining customers, and highlighting customer advocates by creating self-serve digital resources and programs in a 1:Many fashion. The Digital CSM team creates these resources and programs to drive CSM effectiveness, reduce administrative burden, and standardize best practices across all customers (with and without a dedicated CSM). Additionally, a Digital CSM will frequently engage with smaller customers who have a need (at risk/expansion signals, services scoping, best practice guidance, etc).
- Understands Benchling customers. Gain a deep understanding of Benchling’s existing customer scientific workflows, pain points, and ongoing training needs to inform and scale product adoption programs and best practices education offerings. Use that deep knowledge to establish trust quickly and provide value to customers without an existing deep relationship.
- Thinks about scale. Standardize CS team playbook documentation, reusable templates, and customer best practice documentation to enhance CSM and customer facing asset library.
- Eye for digital innovation. Develop a deep understanding of our current CSM processes to drive the creation of new tactics using a “digital first” mindset.
- Teams Cross-functionally. Partner with CSMs, CX operations, Implementation leads, Account Executives, Product, and Marketing to create engaging customer resources and effective Customer Success programs across all customers.
- Focuses on data. Analyze customer data and product usage metrics across a wide range of customers to develop customer engagement strategies and measure effectiveness.
- Must have a BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar Life Science field with 1+ years experience in Life Sciences, ideally in a lab or research setting.
- 2+ years of Customer Success, Professional Services, Consulting, or Business Development experience in a SaaS software environment with the ability to forge relationships with users, decision makers, and influential stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate confidently and concisely in verbal, written and presentation formats to all types and sizes of audiences. Especially comfortable talking to new stakeholders without existing knowledge.
- Experience creating scalable and repeatable processes that are used by internal and external stakeholders.
- Well versed in a variety of digital content creation tools (Live/recorded videos, email campaigns, presentations, PDFs, etc) to create reusable digital assets.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence without authority, hands on software implementation experience strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to travel 10-20% based on customer needs.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $110,330 - $149,270.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-JE1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.