Global Program Management Leader
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is seeking an Enterprise Global Program Management Leader with a background in Life Sciences and enterprise SaaS in a regulated setting. As the Lead of Global Program Management, you will manage a team of Global Program Managers (GPMs) and have responsibility over a growing portfolio of Benchling’s largest customers.
You’re a hands-on leader who enjoys working closely with their teams and with their customers to drive significant adoption and customer advocacy with a very high bar for quality and attention to details. You must be able to think and act strategically on a global scale as well as get into the details of our customer engagements, and our product. You will develop an understanding of Benchling’s solutions, and demonstrate your experience to guide our teams to establish significant adoption strategies, to focus on customer value outcome realization, and to build processes that scale. You will sit on leadership and governance teams and play an integral role in the success and expansion of Benchling’s global footprint.
To be successful in this role, you are comfortable with R&D processes and scientific concepts with previous management and delivery experience in a GxP setting. You are able to speak confidently and build relationships with Scientific and IT leaders at leading Pharma and Biotech organizations. You have experience leading customer-facing teams in a high growth enterprise SaaS environment. And you are a proven leader who can drive a PS business from hiring and staffing, to managing and mentoring your team, to leading customer governance and sales negotiations.
- Responsible for global segment customer delivery and relationship management, in addition to global program management best practices development and oversight of project delivery
- Support growth of the global accounts and achievement of segment driven financial targets through the sales process and expansion of existing accounts
- Develop a strategy for how to build an industry leading global program team
- Hiring the right team that brings a diversity of skills, thinking, and innovation
- Mentor, develop and help team members build a career at Benchling
- Deepen the strength of the global program team specifically with regulatory compliance and GxP and help develop this new motion as the Benchling product expands into this area
- Understand the core of the business issues faced by customers and develop a structured approach to designing a program to solve the problem. Doing so in a highly collaborative manner – ultimately building trust along the way
- Demonstrated ability to build deep relationships within the market (Senior Director to C-suite)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years in Life Sciences and Biotechnology industry at a software, consulting, or within industry with specialized experience in enterprise global program management, enterprise scale implementation, change management, and sales
- Proven and complete understanding of R&D processes and scientific concepts working in a GxP environment specifically GLP, GCP, GDP, and GMP.
- Experience confidently working with Director, VP and C-Level leaders from day 1 on the job.
- 10+ years client facing global enterprise SaaS professional services, software implementation, and/or consulting experience, with demonstrated success running a large book of business
- Direct and recent experience running large global enterprise program operations/PMO and contributing to P&L management
- Recent experience participating in mid level and executive level program governance
- 8-10 years experience building and leading teams of 8-10 people. Be able to recruit, hire, lead and grow a high-functioning global program management team.
- Cross functional team leadership (preferred)
- Proven understanding of the ideal customer journey/lifecycle within a diverse range of businesses and a track record of cross-functional leadership.
- Ability to balance client delivery and relationship management with solution development/oversight
- Experience driving digital transformation in an enterprise setting
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to manage, motivate and drive teams to perform to a high standard of excellence
- Strong communication and time management skills, ability to deliver Executive-level presentations
- PMP or Six Sigma certification (preferred)
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $184,240-$276,360.
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.