Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Achieving sales, account growth and client success objectives within a geographical territory of Biotech accounts primarily located in France. This includes identifying and qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction - consistent with Benchling leadership principles.
- Active lead prospecting and demand generation by researching and identifying new business opportunities across multiple segments of customers.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory.
- Drive customers through close by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities.
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future R&D roadmap to drive the Benchling solution.
- Lead prioritization of sales efforts through the sales funnel.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams as well as external partners.
- Maintaining and updating account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce.
- Representing Benchling in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics.
You are drawn to our mission and you want to help Benchling win new business. You are committed to working in a collaborative environment, working together as a team. You have a love for working in a fast-paced environment and taking the initiative to get stuff done and try new things. You are passionate about powering new possibilities in biotech faster.
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences preferred, Postgraduate welcomed
- 5-10 years of experience in a full cycle SaaS sales role preferred
- Demonstrable history of consistently achieving or exceeding ambitious sales targets by driving top line revenue and complex expansions
- Ability to reliably predict performance in pipeline forecast reporting
- Experienced with solution-based approach to selling while managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of life sciences R&D, either through industry experience, or, academia
- Curiosity, creativity, and persistence. You should be excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner.
- Dynamic communication skills and the versatility to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project leads and executives in industry.
- Fluency in French required
COMPANY BENEFITS - EMEA
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- 25 days vacation days + public holidays
- Company-wide Spring & winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
- In-office perks including modern office in the heart of Zurich
- Remote perks including travel to hubs
#LI-EB1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.