Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (Remote, USA)
Grafana Labs is searching for a Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement to join our Finance team to help build and scale our procurement function. We are looking for a top performer, results-oriented, with a track record of accomplishing objectives in a complex environment. Equally important is solid business judgment, high integrity, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with the senior leadership, business, and functional teams worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading procurement efforts across a broad range of activities including sourcing execution, contract negotiation, supplier management, procure-to-pay processes, and ongoing performance management and improvement in a fast-growth corporate environment. You will have supported organizations to scale for rapid growth, and a history of experience that includes public company environment and operating requirements. Prior experience with subscription businesses/SaaS is strongly preferred.
This position is 100% remote and a people manager role reporting to the VP of Finance and Strategy.
- Build and scale a world-class global procurement and sourcing team to support company growth, driving cost efficiency and managing risk appropriately
- Partner across the business to develop and execute strategies for all spend categories
- Establish and implement benchmarks and metrics to set baseline standards and review for improvement opportunities
- Design and implement best-practice procurement and sourcing processes and procedures, driving controls, visibility and efficiency
- Educate stakeholders on the sourcing processes as well as the value that the procurement team can deliver
- Manage, rationalize and develop the supplier base
- Lead and set strategy for supplier contract negotiations
- Ensure that benefits from the strategic sourcing process are sustained and extended during the period of the contracts through ongoing improvement strategies and initiatives including post sourcing
- Own, drive and resolve concerns related to vendor management
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including legal, finance and internal business partners
- Accomplished and seasoned professional with 8+ years of direct procurement and sourcing experience, inclusive of the IT / technology category
- Top-class negotiation skills and experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Mastery of procurement tools, techniques and processes
- Working knowledge of Finance processes and requirements
- Strong leadership, internal and external relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to build a brand for procurement in the company and drive change. Excellent partnering, communication, and project management skills in leading sourcing initiatives
- Deep knowledge of a range of spend categories and ability to quickly master new areas
- Transparent in dealings and a reputation for honesty and integrity
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a rapidly changing global and remote environment
- You work well in both a team environment and independently
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak cross-functionally
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $174,000- $207,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.