Senior Platform Engineer - Federal Products - Remote, USA
This is a remote role for the US timezones only
The Federal Products team owns and maintains both the platforms supporting Federal customers and deploying and operating Grafana Labs services on top of it. Federal Products roles at Grafana Labs require engineers with a passion for performance and reliability, and who enjoy taking projects from conception to production. We host highly automated, immutable services in Kubernetes on the main Cloud Service Providers.
We are a 100% remote organization, so we need people who can work independently and can communicate well with high autonomy and bias to action. Our teams also plan in-person team building meetups and also gather to attend industry conferences. Because we own production services, we have on-call rotations to ensure the health of the system.
We care deeply about open source and the projects generally are open source, check them out: https://github.com/grafana.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced software or site reliability senior engineer to join the Federal Products team. You would be the founding engineer on the team, giving you a great opportunity to have impact and an outsized contribution to the culture and success of the team as it grows. We have a unique, vibrant and pro-innovation engineering culture that we wish to maintain in the tightly regulated Federal world, and you would be key to this success.
- Deploy and manage platforms supporting Grafana Labs' US Federal customers
- Provision and administer the core infrastructure platform, Kubernetes and CSP resources
- Deploy and operate our products on top of the platform in concert with the application teams
- Develop, maintain and improve the monitoring, automation and supporting services needed to align Federal operations with our strongly DevOps, high ownership and autonomy culture
- As the team grows, mentoring peers and assisting with technical product leadership and roadmap planning
- US citizen, located in the USA
- Commercial experience as a site reliability, network or software engineer in managed k8s, Cloud and Linux environments, especially with distributed architectures
- Experience operating FedRAMP, DISA IL2-6 or other relevant US Federal accredited products
- Programming experience -- we use Go, Jsonnet, Python and Shell
- Experience with containers and orchestration -- we use Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficiency with IaC or config management, we use Terraform, Helm, Tanka and Jsonnet
- Experience with dashboards and monitoring tools like Grafana and Prometheus
Nice to have:
- Commercial experience operating on AWS GovCloud and other CSP alternatives
- Commercial experience in designing and managing networking in a Virtual Private Cloud
- Commercial experience of network services, including load balancers, firewalls and DNS
- Experience working in remote and/or distributed business environments, demonstrating self motivation and communication skills
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $155,000 - $201,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.