Senior Software Engineer - Grafana K6 Cloud - Metrics Processing & Analysis (Remote, Canada)
About Grafana Labs
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere, from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies, including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay, manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully with Grafana Cloud or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
The Grafana Labs k6 team is looking for a senior Go developer to join. At k6, we build next-generation performance testing tools for developers and DevOps engineers.
We are pushing the state-of-the-art in our industry, creating open-source tools with great developer experience and enabling engineers to build reliable systems. k6 is an open-source tool that we built to reinvent the engineering principles around performance testing and enable engineers to build systems that scale.
About the role
You will join the k6 team responsible for developing and maintaining the k6 Browser API. This extension is a significant component of our product, allowing the k6 tool to perform load and performance testing and end-to-end and functional frontend testing through browser automation.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Take the role of the OSS maintainer of the xk6-browser open-source repository.
- Outside of the development responsibilities, the OSS maintainer helps triage external pull requests, interacts with the community, helps with product prioritization, and has a tangible impact on the product roadmap.
You will directly influence the project roadmap and will work with a high degree of autonomy, building and maintaining the tool.
You will also be involved with the k6 Cloud integration, a SaaS service built on top of k6. Specifically, the parts of the cloud service written in Go that orchestrate a distributed k6 test across 17 data centers around the world.
Due to our small teams and fast development pace, you will substantially and immediately impact how the end product is architected and developed and how the engineering team operates. Most importantly, you will work with competent colleagues and will be able to expand your knowledge and skills in different directions.
- We are looking for someone who combines very strong programming skills and experience in contributing to open-source projects.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Go programming language, its concurrency model, standard library, paradigms, constructs, and idioms.
- Have a good understanding of modern frontend stack.
- Good technical communication skills.
- Familiarity with modern development processes and practices. Preferably having recent experience developing large scale applications.
Not required, but great if you also
- Have worked in open source projects, either as a heavy contributor or, even better, as a maintainer for projects with multiple contributors
- Have experience working with web performance, testing & optimization
- Have experience working with Chrome DevTools Protocol
- Have experience working on browsers or an interest in learning how they work
- Know about things like Docker, AWS, microservices architecture, Grafana/APM tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Grafana Labs, we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity build a strong organization, and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organization as we grow.
This is a remote position. We are looking for candidates in USA timezones.
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $148,505- $178,206. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.