Senior Solutions Engineer, Mid Atlantic (Remote, Mid Atlantic)
Make a difference.
The Solutions Engineering team are the customer facing product experts. The team enables Grafana Labs worldwide growth by educating potential and existing customers to ensure that they are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, hands on enablement, presentations, technical evaluations and ongoing interaction. We partner closely with our Sales team to help qualify and close opportunities. The Solutions Engineering team is one of the primary routes of communication from our customers to the Product Management and Engineering teams.
A Solutions Engineer is able to really listen to a prospect or customer, understand their requirements, ask the right questions to extract as much information as required and translate all that into a solution with Grafana Labs technology. They are the bridge between the highly technical engineering folks here at Grafana Labs, our customers and our Sales team.
- Partner with our Sales team to articulate the overall Grafana value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Own the technical engagement with customers and help close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill and credibility
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential and existing customers
- Effectively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide feedback on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive product conversations based on need and problems with customers
- Work with the team to enhance documentation, write blog posts, record videos, contribute knowledge base articles and create other public or private enablement material
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- You are located in the Mid Atlantic area
- 5+ years of technical pre-sales experience, ideally with Open Source technologies, or in the Metrics/Monitoring space
- Be open to various and complex assignments, this will require strong judgment, collaboration, and leadership
- You will need first class written and oral communication skills to collaborate with our remote-first internal teams and with our worldwide customers. You will need to be able to skillfully articulate our value proposition and the technical advantages of our products
- You love solving technical challenges and thrive on bringing creative solutions to our customers
- You should have a technical mindset and a desire to grow technically.
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $166,000 - $240,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.