Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering, EMEA (Remote, United Kingdom)
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
As a Senior Manager of Solutions Engineering for the EMEA region at Grafana Labs, you will be responsible for all aspects of building and managing a team of high-performing Solution Engineers. You will oversee the regional GTM execution with your sales leader counterparts, adopting existing GTM strategies and developing new ones as needed. You’ll work with your Customer Experience counterparts to ensure that your customers are successful after the sale, in their adoption and roll-out of Grafana products. You’ll work with marketing to drive community programs in the region designed to broaden the adoption of both OSS and commercial versions of our products. You’ll also work closely with Product Management and Engineering to ensure that we are constantly delivering value to our customers by influencing the roadmap, based on feedback from the field, as well as leveraging your own experience in the OSS. You will be responsible for hitting and exceeding your region's revenue targets and ultimately, our company's goals. Your impact will be felt globally when the job is done well.
- Attract, recruit, ramp, and mentor a team of great Presales SE’s from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Get the best out of your team with a servant-based leadership approach. Adopting a player/coach mentality will be critical here, ensuring that you balance your field responsibilities with the needs of your team.
- Direct the bulk of your day-to-day work based on guidance and goals from leadership, owning the planning, actions and outcomes of the region.
- Partner with the US West Sales leadership on customer programs, marketing initiatives and community/company events to drive adoption and expansion within our customer base.
- Executive sponsorship of key accounts in the region will be key to your success. The right candidate will be a thought leader to customers and internally within Grafana Labs.
- Understanding your key customers’ strategies for adoption of Grafana technologies and developing programs and collateral to enable them to be successful.
- Ensure that your customers’ requirements are being met with our product through partnership with Product Management and Engineering
- Own and report on the quarter over quarter cadence of your team while they help prospects evaluate our software with demonstrations, technical deep dives, trials and POVs.
- 3+ years leading a team, 5+ years in the high tech industry having held roles such as Developer, Sales Engineer/Architect, Manager, Director, etc.
- Direct Experience mentoring, developing people and managing performance over time.
- Experience in Open Source selling or Cloud first/Product led sales go to market motion
- Direct experience implementing and/or executing a formal sales methodology, eg COM, qualification frameworks like MEDDPICC
- Direct experience selling monitoring/data/visualization products.
- Proven ability to own a book of business, direct your own and your team's work and initiatives to exceed your quarterly targets.
- Must be located in the United Kingdom
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.