Director, Corporate Finance & Business Partner (Remote, USA)
The FP&A team at Grafana Labs is a dynamic group of technology finance professionals with broad experiences across investment banking, investment management, and technology finance at high-growth pre- and post-IPO companies. We use data to deliver insights and drive outcomes that help Grafana Labs scale and ultimately deliver value to our shareholders.
Grafana Labs is searching for a seasoned finance leader to join our team to help build our financial planning and analysis function. We are looking for a proven, results-oriented leader with a track record of accomplishing objectives in a complex and dynamic environment. Equally important is solid business judgment, high integrity, and the ability to partner with the executive leadership team to drive the strategic vision of the Company. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with senior leadership, business, and functional teams worldwide. This role is fully remote and will report to the Senior Director of Corporate, R&D, and G&A FP&A.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a high-growth corporate environment, built organizations to scale for rapid growth, and operated in an environment with public company operational rigor. Prior experience with subscription businesses/SaaS is strongly preferred.
- Assist in driving the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast and planning cycles, including management & Board reporting, variance analyses, and risks & opportunity assessments
- Embed within the business and provide strategic finance partnership to various senior leaders throughout the global R&D and G&A organization
- Partner with finance leadership to provide insights into key drivers of performance by developing dashboards to track KPIs and monitor business performance/growth initiatives
- Help manage the Grafana Labs P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements, and build/enhance other financial models (long-range plan, scenario analysis, staffing, etc.)
- Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools/systems to enhance operational insights
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, benchmarking, and other financial analyses to support senior management and business decisions
- Build outstanding and effective relationships across the Company
- Help mentor and develop junior members of the FP&A team
- You have 10+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in Finance/FP&A positions within a top technology company
- You have built and led mission-driven teams in the past and have a track record of creating a shared vision, engaging culture, and delivering on priorities.
- You enjoy being part of a team and practice confidence without attitude or ego
- You take pride in your analytical & financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle complex business problems and drive actionable recommendations
- You have strong business instincts, are a poised communicator, and are not hesitant to voice your point of view
- You can operate at multiple altitudes, manage through ambiguity, complete projects end-to-end, and prioritize your workload
- You are a problem solver and possess a keen attention to detail, but know how to balance progress vs. perfection
- You maintain the highest ethical standards: integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
- You have a track record of maintaining strong relationships and communicating with a wide range of partners