Product Manager - Grafana Datasources (Remote, Canada EST)
This is a remote position. We are looking for candidates in the Canadian Eastern time zones.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you'll develop a vision and strategy for your product domain. You will own your product’s roadmap, collateral, and market research, and you will collaborate with Grafana leadership on fine-tuning your product’s goals. You will be the primary advocate and expert in your area, with a strong ability to communicate needs, functionality, and details effectively both to external customers and internal stakeholders. The teams and people you will be interacting with will be 100% remote and globally distributed, so clear and proactive communication is essential.
Product Managers are the bridge that connect R&D to our go-to-market team and customers. We are facilitators who ensure the free flow of information across these teams and are expected to be technically proficient when representing our products to our customers.
Grafana’s foundational value proposition is that you can use it to visualize and act on your data, wherever it lives. We accomplish this with hundreds of data sources - plugins that allow users to query, visualize, and alert on data directly from tools like Prometheus, Elasticsearch, CloudWatch, and Postgres. Many data sources are authored outside of Grafana Labs, but we build and maintain a core set used by millions of users.
As the Data Sources product manager, you’ll work with several teams who build and maintain open source and partner data sources. You’ll pair with engineers and designers to select which data sources we should create next, which maintenance and improvements to prioritize, and ways to up-level the most common thing Grafana users do: connect to and query third-party data. The role also involves supporting partnerships with companies who contract with us to maintain or sign their data sources.
Since data sources vary widely, this job requires a technical background, knowledge of software development tools, and the ability to ramp up quickly on the many technologies with which we integrate.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Transform ideas and feedback into a product vision and roadmap
- Empathize with customer problems in order to collect user needs, requirements, and pain points
- Curate and properly represent user feedback to Engineering, while providing evidence to support tradeoffs and priorities.
- Work closely with product marketing to take products and features to market, including creating and updating presentations, documentation, website content, datasheets, and whitepapers.
- Use your deep product expertise to make decisions about our go-to-market strategies, pricing, packaging, licensing and tiering.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management
- Experience building technical tools for software engineers
- A propensity for regularly analyzing engagement data and making informed data-driven decisions
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features with solid designs
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience shipping integrations to third-party software
- Experience working across multiple engineering teams at once
- Working knowledge of database software and/or API authentication
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Previous experience in Application Performance Monitoring, Observability, or Devops
In the Canada, the base compensation range for this role is CAD 129,000 - $155,000 Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.