Senior Data Engineer (Remote, Canada EST)
This is a remote position and we're considering candidates in the Canadian Eastern Timezones.
The Data Analytics Engineer will be responsible for empowering analysts and data-driven stakeholders by owning the architecture and infrastructure by which we ingest, transform, test, document, and connect data across Grafana Labs. Critical to the success of this role will be consistent communication with end stakeholders (analysts & business partners) in order to build a data stack that is flexible enough to meet the needs of our business as we grow.
- Own, operate and maintain the architecture & infrastructure of our data stack (e.g. BigQuery, dbt, Fivetran)
- Ensure that the data we need to understand and serve our stakeholders is available, accurate, and accessible
- Partner with GTM, Self-serve, Marketing, Finance, and Bizapps (and other stakeholders) to understand their data needs and identify places where the analytics stack can improve on what they’re doing
- Become the go-to expert on our data pipeline, data tools, and what our data means
- Create process and standard operating procedures for the Data team
- Create and own best practices for version control, documentation, testing, etc.
- 3-5 years experience contributing to data modeling
- 3-5 years experience in developing dashboards and visualizations
- 3-5 years experience with test design and analysis, preferably in the high tech industry
- A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills.
- Be able to understand the business at a level to influence VP priorities and company strategy.
- Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions
- Ability to present data concisely through written and oral communication. Expert at influencing business stakeholders
- BS degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or relevant degree
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP is a plus!
- Familiarity with the monitoring, observability, log aggregation, or APM market is a plus!
What you’ll bring to the role
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and provide support globally
- Experience implementing best practices for analytics, dashboarding, documentation, testing
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working in a “remote first” environment
- Empathetic, understanding and humble
- Strong work ethic
- Experience working well in both a team environment and independently
- Inquisitive demeanor with willingness to learn new technologies and responsibilities
In Canada, the Base compensation range for this role is CAD 146,000 - CAD 175,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here