Senior People Analytics Manager (Remote, UK)
This is a brand new role and an exciting opportunity to build our People Data Analytics function from the ground up. Reporting to our VP People you will work closely with our global People Leadership team to define, design and implement a data driven approach at the same time as providing analytical leadership to help inform our People strategy.
This role reflects our aspiration to grow the strategic capability of the People function to provide relevant data analytics, informing interventions, supporting leaders and helping us to track the impact of our work. This is an opportunity to be first in to build our People analytics function and you will be just as excited by the chance to roll your sleeves up and personally create and build at the same time as making a strategic impact.
You will be responsible for developing and building the data flows and processes to produce regular and ad hoc data analysis and reporting outputs that will be used by the People leadership team to develop and implement strategies that ensure Grafana Labs is a great place to work.
You will establish yourself as the go to expert on all people data, providing advice, building Grafana dashboards, undertaking analysis and ensuring the underlying data is robust. You will transform raw data so that it can be easily used, and understood ensuring our decisions and policies are informed by evidence. You will also be skilled at presenting data in easily consumable formats and have experience of adapting to multiple internal and external audiences including at Board level.
We have included a sampling of responsibilities but as a brand new role the scope, processes and outputs will be yours to design and launch.
- Provide functional expertise in people research, quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results to help inform, influence, support, and execute talent decisions across the employee lifecycle
- Partner with the People Leadership team to identify and clarify people/functional issues, deeply understand people processes, and analyse data to drive improvements and automation to our existing programs & offer data-driven solutions for future collaborations.
- Build relationships and collaborate effectively with each of the People functions to ensure data integrity, accuracy, and reliability
- Lead the preparation, analysis and presentation of regular People reports for a variety of audiences including Senior Leadership and our Board of Directors
- Lead the execution of people research and analytics project/s using systematic data gathering (e.g., survey, system-generated data), appropriate analytical techniques and action-oriented reporting
- Generate insights based on analyses and communicate the results, along with their implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Design, architect, and implement Grafana Labs dashboards for People team, Leadership and company wide data sets
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or relevant degree
- Experience with Workday advanced reporting, including calculated fields is essential. Discovery boards preferred.
- You will be comfortable operating at multiple altitudes, prioritising workload and managing multiple projects and tasks
- You should have superior analytical and problem solving skills with a strong focus on attention to detail whilst delivering against tight deadlines
- Ideally you will have experience of working remotely and/or internationally coordinating with peers and team members globally and understand the challenges and opportunities of remote working and remote communication
- You will need to be an excellent communicator in all channels (in person, online, in writing) and able to form strong working relationships both in person and virtually
- You are a storyteller at heart - you are able to take your love for data and analytical thinking to communicate the story and educate others across technical and non technical audiences.
- You will be highly approachable while successfully being able to provide a customer service approach to your role ensuring that everyone, locally and internationally, views you as a “go to” person