Staff Product Analyst, Self Serve (Remote, EMEA)
This position is remote. We're seeking candidates in the Western time zones of Europe and the UK.
About the Role
We are looking for a Staff Product Analyst who can lead our product analytics function, from guiding the implementation of product analytics tooling (e.g., FullStory, Rudderstack, etc.) to strategy and roadmap prioritization/development. Grafana has recently launched a number of new products, many of which we recently unveiled at ObservabilityCON 2023 (e.g., Asserts, App O11y, Frontend O11y, Beyla) - as a result we’re really looking to ramp up our product analytics capabilities, particularly focused around these new product areas.
This role will partner closely with our PM, UX, and Engineering departments and report to our Director of Analytics. You will be joining a relatively small, but growing, data team - 3 analysts and 1 data engineer - so we often lean into being scrappy - finding the highest leverage areas of impact, punching above our weight, and over-indexing toward a bias for action.
- Partner cross functionally across Product to establish top-level KPIs, dashboards, and product roadmap planning
- Guide the instrumentation of product data in collaboration with our PMs, UX, and Engineering teams
- Play a key role in the implementation of our product analytics tooling (e.g., Rudderstack, FullStory) and product A/B testing
- Develop dbt models to transform and test our product data in partnership with our Analytics Engineering team
- Work with our product leaders and FP&A to establish departmental goals and revenue targets
- Experience partnering across product and engineering organizations, and familiarity with typical product KPIs and frameworks (e.g., DAU/MAU, funnels, A/B testing)
- SQL: writing complex yet efficient SQL is a daily habit for you
- Data Visualization: experience with any of the following tools Tableau, Looker, Hex, or of course, Grafana!
- Experience writing dbt models, and implementing product analytics tooling (e.g., Heap, Pendo, Amplitude, FullStory)
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences, and maintain many of the essential cross-team and cross-functional relationships necessary for the team’s success
A plus if you have
- Knowledge about observability
- Familiarity with Airflow or Prefect - generating ad hoc ETL jobs