Senior Backend Engineer - Grafana Backend App Platform (Remote, Canada EST)
This is a remote position. We are looking for candidates in the Canadian Eastern time zones.
What are we doing?
Grafana continues to be a highly successful open-source project, with over a million instances of our application running in the wild. Grafana is also the main frontend for Grafana Cloud where users can visualize their telemetry data and use our opinionated solutions for easier troubleshooting of their infrastructure and applications.
As our Cloud / Grafana-as-a-service business continues to grow, we've started to change Grafana's core architecture to be fully multi-tenant and scalable, as well as a solid platform for our opinionated Cloud apps.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for someone with a lot of experience with SaaS platforms at scale. We are turning Grafana into a proper observability app platform where OSS and proprietary apps can directly tap into dashboards, alerts, incidents, and telemetry and deliver even more integrated experiences.
- You have strong coding skills and operational experience; you were responsible for operating the software you have built.
- You have used K8s or a public Cloud for operating your software.
- You have worked on a big SaaS platform and dealt with common distributed systems problems (e.g. scalability, multi-tenancy, data isolation, HA, …)
- You have excellent communication skills. You can express your ideas with great clarity in writing and during meetings. You know when to pick which mode of communication,
- You are willing to work across teams. Your work has to be aligned with the needs of other squads and external stakeholders. You make your plans transparent, bring stakeholders on board, and are open to feedback and suggestions.
- You are pragmatic; you prioritize progress over perfection.
- Prior experience in leading cross-team projects would be a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with Golang.
- Familiarity with public Cloud or Kubernetes system architecture (CRDs, Aggregated API Servers, etc.).
Your day-to-day will include:
- Actively developing the App Platform
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Creating and reviewing technical design documents
- Participating in the prioritization process
- Owning the experience of our customers by participating in weekday 12h x 5d and separate weekend 24h x 2d on-call rotations.
In the Canada, the Base compensation range for this role is CAD 165,000 - CAD 199,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.