Senior Technical Writer - Application Observability (Remote, EMEA & Canada Timezones)
This is a remote position for EMEA and Canada timezones
Description of Duties
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation and guides for Grafana Labs. You will collaborate with the engineers, developer advocates, support engineers, product managers, and the Grafana technical writing team to produce a variety of tailored content to ensure our products are easy to learn and rapidly adopted.
- Work closely with other senior technical writers, product managers, and internal stakeholders to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Plan, research, develop, and write high-quality content tailored to Grafana customers.
- Interview developers and engineers to gain knowledge and understanding of the software you write about and the larger systems and context in which it is useful.
- Write content for beginning users, such as examples and getting started guides.
- Work with the documentation manager, developer advocates, and other technical writers to continuously improve the existing documentation and docs site; to produce content with a consistent voice, feel, and organization; and to make it as easy as possible for users to quickly find the information they need.
What experience would make someone be successful in this role?
- Experience using or documenting enterprise and/or cloud software for a developer audience.
- Experience working with Git and Github.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience with software testing services and tools.
- Experience working in a docs-as-code environment
Experience with observability solutions or working with open source communities is a plus.
What you’ll bring to the role
You’re an enthusiast for technically accurate content, you’re unafraid of managing multiple projects, and you enjoy working both collaboratively and independently. You have a well-used copy of “The Elements of Style”.