Sr. Manager, Corporate Finance (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring for a Senior Manager, Corporate Finance to join our growing Finance & Accounting Team. This role would be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team that is responsible for financial planning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and strategic business partnering.
In this role, you would support forecasting and planning, financial reporting, company goal-setting, and strategic financial analysis, all while helping Guild achieve its mission. You’ll form relationships across the organization and work with stakeholders internally and externally. In addition, you’d be a critical member of the team, identifying new opportunities, driving operational improvements and providing decision support for leadership.
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Finance you will:
- Own budgeting and forecasting components of Guild’s operating model, which we use to plan headcount, cash flow, and resource allocations, as well as set and define company and department level KPIs.
- Prepare monthly close and quarterly forecast reporting to support the organization's leadership.
- Support preparation for our quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Partner with key business owners to ensure they are knowledgeable and equipped to contribute to the success of Guild.
- Lead Finance Transformation initiatives to improve our systems, processes, and reporting.
- Examine business and performance patterns to offer insights and support for decisions to the leadership team at Guild.
- Work cross functionally on ad hoc projects that include, but are not limited to, scenario planning, sensitivity and profitability analysis.
- Contribute to the development of the overall strategy of the Finance organization.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience. You have 6+ years of relevant work experience in a corporate finance function, accounting, investment banking, consulting, or private equity / growth equity. Preference for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.).
- Technical skills. Proven experience owning and enhancing cloud based reporting tools (i.e. Adaptive, Anaplan) as well as other applications that impact financial reporting (ERP, Salesforce, etc.) You’re a Microsoft/Google Suite expert and can successfully develop and communicate insightful financial models.
- Management. Experience leading a team and unlocking the potential in others. You know how to manage both internal and external stakeholders in a collaborative setting to solve complex problems and complete projects.
- Communication. Ability to distill and communicate sophisticated topics broadly to board members, clients, front-line team members and everyone in between. Comfortable and confident leading presentations for senior leadership.
- Team. You have a positive demeanor with a service-first mentality. You are collaborative, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and build successful working relationships.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-starter with a roll-up-the-sleeves, proactive approach and a focus on impact in a fast-paced, constantly evolving growth environment. You have the ability to thrive in a remote and/or hybrid work environment.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a quick, outcome-focused environment.
- Passion. You are passionate about serving our students and contribute a persistent drive to build an outstanding business.
- Discipline. You have strong organizational and time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects/tasks with multiple business partners while hitting important deadlines on time-sensitive projects.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 - $172,500, as well as company stock options.
Recruiter #LI- JG1
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Something looks off?