Cloud Security Engineer (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Cloud Security Engineer. The Information Security team is looking to add a highly motivated and technically inclined individual to work as a Cloud Security Engineer. We are looking for a candidate that is comfortable working in an exciting and fast paced environment. This individual’s responsibilities will mainly focus on ensuring protection of Guild’s various cloud resources and environments. These efforts will ultimately allow Guild to fulfill its mission while also meeting business objectives and compliance requirements.
As Cloud Security Engineer, you will:
- Identify security issues and risks with Guild’s systems and environments. Develop and execute remediation/mitigation plans that provide long term risk reduction.
- Triage alerts, investigate incidents, and respond to service requests related to Guild’s various systems.
- Develop and tune security policy within various tools and platforms (SIEM, CSPM, AWS, Email Gateway, etc…).
- Maintain SOC-2 compliance and assist with audit/client related requests.
- Review and upgrade internal policies and security controls where applicable to Guild’s managed infrastructure.
- Leverage a CSPM tool to maintain alignment with CIS Benchmarks and other best practices..
- Assist with incident response and investigation activities.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities as part of a team rotation.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Knowledge of security best practices in hardening and protecting cloud environments, including common frameworks such as CIS Controls, AWS Well-Architected Framework, etc.
- Experience with microservice architecture in AWS
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Java, GO, or Ruby).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of other relevant concepts and technologies desired - web application architecture, API, TCP/IP, DevSecOps, etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Security Posture Management tools.
- AWS Certifications
- An understanding of containers and container orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with common Information Security frameworks and standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, MITRE, ITIL, ISO 270001, etc.)
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000-$152,500 as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth