Director, Brand Advocacy (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Director, Brand Advocacy. This is a new role to stand up a comprehensive affiliate marketing, brand storytelling, incentive and community program to engage Guild’s active members as our best brand advocates, and translate their successes in external marketing campaigns, in collaboration with their employers. This role is at the center of Guild’s brand: our valued members — individuals who are unlocking opportunity to achieve career mobility and uplifting themselves, their families, and the companies they work for. You will be a sought-after resource and leader to reimagine how we spotlight our members’ success stories for shared outcomes. You are a builder — both experienced and skilled at imagining the art of the possible, and rolling up your sleeves to plan and implement the steps required to get there.
As Director, Brand Advocacy, you will:
- Build and deliver strategies to activate Guild members as brand advocates.
- Design programs with Guild’s value of building shared success in mind so that members gain value such as career growth/skill building as much as Guild gains value in the form of marketing outcomes and business and mission growth
- Establish cross-functional processes for data sharing, program management, goal setting and reporting
- Manage a team to identify and interview high-potential brand advocates, as well as build content from their stories
- Partner with Brand, Social Media, and Performance Marketing teams to identify stories to feature in campaigns
- Partner with field teams to build content that showcases success stories to customers and prospects
- Find innovative and creative ways to leverage our member stories to inspire commitment to Guild’s mission both internally and externally.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience building and scaling customer advocacy programs for scale-up enterprises across B2B and/or B2C organizations
- Effective at building relationships with cross-functional collaborators and external partners to motivate change for shared success
- Experience mentoring mid-level and junior marketing team members to learn and grow
- Experience building and leading community marketing programs
- Proven examples of strong, creative storytelling materials produced through customer identification
- Meticulous and collaborative project manager
- External storytelling through public relations, marketing campaigns, brand
- Customer advocacy tools
- Affiliate marketing and incentive programs
- Monitor emerging technologies that can drive scalability and performance
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 - $187,500, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth