Software Development Engineer IV, Frontend - Marketplaces (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer IV (Frontend) to join our Marketplaces team. This person will help establish best practices and be a key part of defining and developing a modern frontend architecture that serves users across desktop/mobile web and native applications.
Marketplaces is both one of the fastest growing teams and software domains at ID.me, and this role will have the opportunity to drive the future of products like ID.me Shop and the ID.me Homepage experience - both of which see millions of users.
- Build, maintain and implement efficient, interactive, and responsive user interfaces for our customers
- Consistently ship small and medium features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to build the right solutions for customer needs
- Translate UX/UI design wireframes to actual code to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Define how the application looks and how it works, optimizing for scalability, maintainability, and speed
- Act as a mentor to junior developers through code reviews and document critiques, and actively participate in cross team knowledge sharing forums
- 6+ years of frontend development experience, including experience working on apps using server side rendering
- Experience shipping features end to end including full automated test coverage (e.g. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA) and documentation
- Ability to effectively switch gears between maintaining old code and writing new/modern features
- Experience writing and maintaining accessible web applications (WCAG 2.1, Section 508)
- Experience deploying features using A|B testing strategies, ability to identify and track the correct metrics for experiments, and ability to interpret the results of experiments in progress
- Understanding of the end to end build process and asset pipeline for owned applications
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic
- BS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Passion for software engineering, learning and continuous improvement
- Nice to have qualifications:
- Startup experience
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Hotwire, Stimulus, Turbo, and other HTML over the wire patterns
- Experience building browser extensions
- Proven track record of modernizing a legacy front end system
- Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours
Ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Must have an obsession for building quality products
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning and continuous improvement
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers