Software Development Engineer IV - Marketplaces Growth (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer IV to add to our rapidly growing Marketplaces team. This person will be responsible for powering traffic generation and member activation in our B2C application ecosystem. This includes new member experience, notifications (email, push, etc.), SEO, referrals, and other systems that drive the nurturing and reinforcement of the member journey in ID.me Marketplaces.
Marketplaces is one of the fastest growing domains at ID.me, and this role will have the opportunity to build systems and features at scale that drive the future experience for the 100 million+ ID.me members on ID.me Shop, ID.me Homepage, ID.me Rx, and other emerging verticals. We’ll be leveraging this foundational work immediately to drive incremental improvement to our applications as we build out additional capabilities and systems, so the ability to balance short term benefits without compromising long term design are crucial to success in this position.
- Build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs
- Consistently ship small and medium features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs
- Effectively switch gears between maintaining and refactoring old code and writing newer and more modern services
- Use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free
- Demonstrate mastery of object-oriented programming languages, tools and technologies
- Solve complex technical problems with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Act as a mentor to junior developers through code reviews and document critiques, and actively participate in cross team knowledge sharing forums
The qualifications below are ideal, but not all are required. We encourage candidates to apply if they satisfy some, but not all of the qualifications.
- Solid understanding of web technologies, HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, object oriented design, REST based APIs, and Git
- Understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL Server, or similar
- Proven track record of owning and shipping features end to end including thorough automated test coverage, observability, monitoring, and documentation
- Experience deploying features using A|B testing strategies and ability to interpret results
- Experience building systems and services in a containerized, cloud based, infrastructure as code driven ecosystem
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic
- BS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Startup experience
- Experience integrating with email marketing systems
- Experience working on a product with programmatic SEO related features
- Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours
Ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Must have an obsession for building quality products
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning, and continuous improvement
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers