Software Development Engineer VI - Marketplaces Personalization
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer VI with a background in personalization to join our Marketplaces team. In this role, you will set the technical roadmap for the ID.me Marketplace organization and will own building our next-generation recommendation models, data pipelines, and services to drive a unique and personalized member experience for the 100 million+ ID.me members across all of our Marketplace products. You will work closely with cross functional teams, including engineering, product, data, operations, and senior leadership to achieve your goals.
Marketplaces is one of the fastest growing domains at ID.me, and this role will have the opportunity to build personalization systems and features at scale that drive the future of member interaction on ID.me existing and emerging verticals. We’ll be leveraging this foundational work immediately to drive incremental improvement to our applications as we build out additional capabilities and systems, so the ability to balance short term benefits without compromising long term design are crucial to success in this position.
- Set the architectural vision and technical roadmap for the ID.me Marketplace - owning all parts of the application stack and being the technical leader for 20+ engineers
- Transform ID.me Marketplace into a personalized experience for the 100+ million ID.me user base through content recommendation algorithm design across the full suite of Marketplace touch points - web, app, email
- Lead A|B experimentation to vet hypotheses and analyze the results. Synthesize learnings into future experiments
- Develop, articulate, and iterate a a long-term vision, and deliver impactful results through key milestones (i.e., days/weeks vs months), having a high bias for action
- Raise the bar for technical excellence, engineering best practices, testing strategies, and distributed system design through pairing, mentoring, architecture / code reviews, technical presentations, and leadership of knowledge sharing sessions
- Exert significant influence on the overall vision and long-term goals of the company by co-leading roadmap planning with engineering and product leadership
- Own deliverables end to end through both committing quality code and overseeing the work of others, with the judgment to know which is appropriate
- 3+ years of machine learning (ML) experience, including designing ML systems, leveraging ML toolsets, or building models based on existing ML techniques, preferably in the personalization domain in a B2C product
- A proven track record of successfully building and owning distributed systems and services at scale by incorporating containers, cloud native services, and infrastructure as code driven tooling.
- Strong understanding of A|B testing strategies with the ability to design experiments, debug anomalies, and interpret results
- Proven ability to lead a team through uplevelling its automated testing skills and posture
- Experience moving an organization forward in best practices around tracking, observability, monitoring, and alerting
- Deep understanding of web technologies, frameworks, programming design patterns and paradigms, and APIs
- Mastery of databases, queues, and caching systems in a cohesive architecture with experience using various technologies in the right circumstances and the ability to communicate tradeoffs
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities with exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a self-managing work ethic
- Located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Hashicorp Nomad/Vault/Consul/Terraform
- Experience using automated deployment and verification strategies
- A passion for automated testing as a lever to increase quality and predictability for the entire ecosystem
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers