Senior IT Administrator
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Senior IT Administrator to join our office in McLean, VA. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it by advancing the digital identity ecosystem. We are seeking a talented IT admin who enjoys the challenges of ensuring our systems and practices are humming smoothly, and who enjoys working with others to solve minor and complex IT issues.
- Manage user accounts across various internal and external systems
- Setup, deploy, and manage Apple hardware and internal software systems using MDM systems and automation
- Ensure best practices are implemented and adhered to across the various systems
- Continuously evaluate and optimize existing processes and technologies
- Implement and maintain patch management strategies
- Research and implement well-thought IT solutions and training staff on how to use them
- Assist in onboarding new employees and providing escalated technical support for hardware/software issues
- At least 5 years of experience in IT/systems administration
- Familiarity in a command line environment such as Bash/ZSH is required
- Experience in network administration
- Experience diagnosing, debugging and resolving complex technical issues
- Experience in Linux/Unix based systems administration, security, networking, and complex hardware configurations
- Experience managing Apple macOS devices in an enterprise environment
- Experience interacting with APIs
- Knowledge of version control systems and automation technologies
- Ability to perform on-call rotation duties
- Experience with scripting languages in a Unix environment - such as Python, Bash or Ruby
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technical tasks
- Ability to write clear technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Excellent time management, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 25 pounds occasionally
- Knowledge of Swift, Go or Objective C
- Knowledge of Powershell
- Experience with administering JIRA
- Experience with Google Workplace / GSuite Management
- Experience administering Jamf
- Experience with DaaS (Desktop as a Service) solutions and Meraki network hardware
Ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Must have an obsession for building quality products
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for IT, learning and continuous improvement
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.