Principal Product Manager - Member Operations & Platform
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager to spearhead the strategy, roadmap, and execution of the ID.me Internal Tools product area. In this role, you will own products that are pivotal for the seamless functioning of the ID.me business operations and are also indispensable for a variety of critical tasks — from fraud investigations and the scheduling of Trusted Referee agents, to servicing legal and other essential requests, to enabling comprehensive debugging, and much more.
In this role, you will have a substantial area of responsibility, offering a wealth of opportunities to drive significant business impact. This position is ideally suited for a Product Manager who thrives on streamlining workflows, loves optimization, has a meticulous eye for analytics and data, and holds a deep respect for security and privacy.
- Independently drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for the Internal Tools team
- Empathize with external and internal users and understand their needs
- Breakdown problems using first principles thinking
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for your product
- Write high quality, detailed requirements documents
- Prioritize features using data and insights
- Work closely with the ID.me fraud, member experience and sales teams to reduce costs and improve user experience
- Operates a high-performance organization. Holds high standards, continually synthesizes the situation, and is able to anticipate risks.
- Focus on improving Trusted Referee agent workflow efficiency
- 10+ years of platform or customer support product management experience
- Enterprise and Internal Tool experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- Proven track record of launching and scaling “zero to one” products as well as driving innovation and growth for mature products
- Ability to drive clarity where there is ambiguity
- Strength in applying processes in a fast-paced environment while maintaining room for flexibility and quick iterations
- Thought leader with successful track record of communicating effectively with senior leadership
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.