Principal UX Designer (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
At ID.me, we are shaping the future of digital identity, facilitating efficient, transparent interactions between people and organizations. We are a design-led company that embeds UX at the heart of our product creation process to enable over 110 million individuals to securely control their credentials and data. By joining our team, you will be integral to the crafting of intuitive, secure digital experiences for a diverse user base. With our trailblazing "No Identity Left Behind" initiative, we emphasize inclusivity and access. You will also contribute to enhancing ID.me Shop, where our members enjoy exclusive discounts and cashback offers, making their online shopping experience more rewarding.
At ID.me, we are seeking an innovative and dynamic Principal UX Designer to help shape the future of digital identity. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of our product development process, directly partnering with product managers, engineers, data scientists, UX designers & researchers, and executive leaders to set visions and bring them to life. Our Principal UX Designer will possess a holistic mindset that leads our team in navigating and resolving the complex problems we strive to solve. You will be integral in not just enhancing our existing portfolio of web products, but also in driving the creation of world-class solutions that balance our members' needs with business goals.
Your role as Principal UX Designer will extend beyond conventional design responsibilities. You will drive UX experimentation, product innovation, and mentorship, having a profound impact on the customer experience. Your passion for user-centered design, understanding of real users—their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, and motivations—will be key in transforming divergent ideas into a cohesive, groundbreaking user experience. You will actively engage in discovery sessions and translate complex UX strategies to key stakeholders. Beyond ideation and execution, you will also be responsible for managing your work queue and ensuring high-quality outputs, including developing and validating new ideas. At ID.me, you will have the platform to push boundaries, raise the bar, and truly make a difference.
- Architecting user-centered, multi-faceted user experiences by synthesizing insights, business requirements, and technical limitations.
- Steering the strategic and planning stages of a project, championing innovative ideas underpinned by comprehensive research and a well-argued rationale.
- Expeditiously and iteratively developing user flows, wireframes, and prototypes, from low to high fidelity, along with detailed visual design specifications for interfaces.
- Independently solving problems of significant scope, complexity, and vagueness.
- Advocating for user-centric design by proactively validating your designs with user research and testing.
- Showcasing design work to UX, product, and engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Contributing to the UX design guidelines and development of best practices at ID.me.
- Actively mentoring and leading other designers in the team.
- Collaborating strategically with cross-functional teams to deliver cutting-edge, customer-focused experiences.
- Creating design artifacts such as wireframes, process flows, high-fidelity comps, prototypes, and videos to articulate and implement your concepts.
- Actively and responsibly championing for customers, using direct feedback, user research, industry knowledge, and quantitative metrics to enhance and optimize user experiences.
- Utilizing your strong user-centered design skills and business acumen to turn abstract ideas into exceptional design solutions at scale.
- Nurturing a design-centric culture by sharing best practices, advocating design principles, and influencing product strategy.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in UX design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in UX design or a related field, preferably in a senior role.
- A robust portfolio that includes projects that have been shipped, demonstrating impactful design work and leadership at the principal level.
- Work demonstrating a strong foundation in user-centered design processes and design thinking.
- Experience in a variety of design tools and methods, such as wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and interaction modeling.
- Proven track record of incorporating UX research into design principles and overall customer experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing UX design processes and fostering innovation in rapid prototyping.
- Extensive experience in collaborative work with engineering and product management teams, and effectively incorporating their input and feedback.
- Proficient in applying best practices for user interface design, information architecture, and interaction design.
- Substantial experience in managing full life cycle design projects, from strategizing to execution.
- A relentless passion for design, innovation, and constant self-improvement.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX standards, design trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in creating UI specifications and wireframes with the ability to move swiftly from concept to execution.
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.