UX Designer (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
At ID.me, we are shaping the future of digital identity, facilitating efficient, transparent interactions between people and organizations. We are a design-led company that embeds UX at the heart of our product creation process to enable over 110 million individuals to securely control their credentials and data. By joining our team, you will be integral to the crafting of intuitive, secure digital experiences for a diverse user base. With our trailblazing "No Identity Left Behind" initiative, we emphasize inclusivity and access. You will also contribute to enhancing ID.me Shop, where our members enjoy exclusive discounts and cashback offers, making their online shopping experience more rewarding.
As a UX Designer at ID.me, you'll play an instrumental role in crafting unparalleled digital experiences in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that encourages entrepreneurial thinking. You will be a meticulous designer who not only excels in creating captivating consumer products at a significant scale but also possesses an in-depth understanding of design, business, and technology concepts. Your unique ability to consider the broader picture without losing sight of the details sets you apart. A relentless advocate for outstanding design, you have a knack for fostering relationships and promoting collaboration across teams and stakeholders. Experience with design systems will be advantageous.
As a crucial part of our ID.me UX team, you will have the opportunity to work across various functions to conceptualize and actualize exceptional user experiences. Your ability to take divergent ideas and mold them into top-tier products will be instrumental in our success. Our ideal candidate champions a user-centered design approach, displaying a keen understanding of users' goals, abilities, experiences, needs, and motivations. Balancing member needs with business objectives and technical capabilities will be key to your design approach. Your primary objective will be to conceive elegant, customer-centric designs that amplify the user experience, closely partnering with our business, product, and technology teams.
- Support the UX design team, engineers and product managers to design compelling, elegant, and sophisticated end-to-end user experiences for multiple products and platforms.
- Work collaboratively in assessing and defining customer needs, validating user experience feedback.
- Develop innovative visual designs, screen layouts, navigation systems, interaction models, visual prototypes, user interface elements, typography, and color palettes.
- Build and present prototypes to test internally as well as through user research.
- Refine solutions in the face of data and other findings.
- Contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’—not just translating requirements into designs but also offering possible additional interaction solutions.
- Be an evangelist for UX best practices and design excellence.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging design principles and best practices in visual design, user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, usability theory, and evaluation techniques.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the products and platforms.
- Give and receive design feedback with fellow teammates.
- A Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in UX Design or a related field.
- An exceptional portfolio of creative product design that showcases complex and creative visual design and UX solutions, and solid information architecture.
- Expert knowledge in graphic and visual design principles, with a strong emphasis on UI and UX.
- A passion for design and continual improvement.
- Experience creating UX designs with the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to execution quickly.
- Openness to receiving feedback and have your opinions be challenged.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills—you can tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work regardless of the audience (e.g., engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to strategically analyze and translate data into effective design recommendations.
- Hands-on experience with designing and prototyping in tools like Figma.
- Deep-seated dedication to creating high-quality products.
- The ability to adapt and thrive amid changing priorities and demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Experience designing both web & native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.