Software Development Manager III - Wallet Tools (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Manager III - Tools with experience in managing one or more teams. In this role, you will lead a team that will help grow and maintain our Internal Tools team. In this role, you will own products and systems that are pivotal for the seamless functioning of the ID.me business operations and are also indispensable for a variety of critical tasks — from fraud investigations and the scheduling of Trusted Referee agents, to servicing legal and other essential requests, to enabling comprehensive debugging, and much more. This is a key growth area for the company and a very exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial engineers.
- Build and manage a team of 4-10 engineers.
- Coach and guide the professional development of your team members by providing regular feedback in 1:1s and performance management through quarterly and yearly reviews.
- Exert significant influence on the overall vision and long-term goals of the team by participating in roadmap planning with engineering and product leadership.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, other engineering teams, and leadership stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs.
- Provide oversight for high level technical discussions and decisions and act as a mentor to other engineers through code reviews, architecture document critiques, and leading cross team knowledge sharing forums.
- Act as application owner by shipping releases, participating in on call rotations, and leading the charge on incident response.
- Be willing and able to occasionally jump in, debug, and write code to accelerate the team. Will not own features as a manager, but should be able to contribute strategically when needed.
- Plan and manage engineering resources to achieve predictable roadmap delivery, iterating and managing the sprint schedule and backlog as priorities change and escalations occur.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of 4+ engineers.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgresSQL or MySQL.
- Proven ability to avoid costly product and engineering decisions.
- Experience operating in any Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) and leveraging planning tools (Jira, Trello, ProductPlan, etc.) to plan, assign, track, and report on the work of the team.
- Hands on leader with a bias towards action, proactively addressing problems.
- Proven track record of owning and building quality products.
- Passion for software engineering, learning and continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities.
- Understanding of technologies such as OpenID Connect (OIDC), SAML, XACML SCIM, OAuth, Federation, etc.
- Previous experience working at a growing start-up.
- Previous experience working with call center operations or building internal tools.
- Previous experience hiring and assessing talent.
* Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.