Software Development Engineer IV - Verification Infrastructure (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
We're searching for a Software Development Engineer IV who will specialize in isolating common code functionality to develop shared services and APIs for our identity verification systems. This role demands a comprehensive understanding of system architecture and application development. The focus is less on business feature development and more on maximizing code reusability and system efficiency through the creation of shared services. This is a crucial position that requires technical acumen and the ability to collaborate with various departments in a growing area of our company.
- Shared Services Development: Extract and modularize common functionalities to create shared, scalable, and secure services and APIs.
- Standardization: Implement uniform solutions that can be reused across different projects and teams, reducing code duplication.
- Collaborative Problem-Solving: Work with team members, product managers, and other stakeholders to identify areas where shared services could simplify complexity and enhance performance.
- Code Optimization: Regularly review and refactor existing code to identify opportunities for creating shared services and APIs, while maintaining code quality.
- Testing: Employ test-driven development methods and tools to ensure shared services are robust and free of defects.
- Technical Expertise: Exhibit proficiency in object-oriented programming languages, as well as other technologies relevant to shared services.
- Complex Issue Resolution: Solve intricate technical issues that involve multiple dependencies and layers of architecture.
- Mentorship: Act as a resource for less-experienced developers, offering guidance through code reviews and documentation, and promoting best practices for shared services development.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Coordinate with multiple departments to understand intricate dependencies and how shared services can aid in addressing them.
- Ownership and Documentation: Take full ownership of shared services, ensuring they meet quality standards including automated tests, monitoring, and comprehensive documentation.
By focusing on these responsibilities, the Software Engineer IV will be instrumental in enhancing the efficiency and scalability of our identity verification products through the development of shared services and APIs.
- Understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Exposure with deploying features using A|B testing strategies and ability to interpret results.
- Experience building systems and services in a containerized, cloud based, infrastructure as code driven ecosystem in any cloud platform.
- Exposure with GCP utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, or Nomad.
- Must have an obsession for building quality products.
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning, and continuous improvement.
- BS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Startup experience.
* Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.