Software Development Engineer III - Wallet Community (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer IV - Wallet Communities to add to our rapidly growing communities product engineering team. The Communities team helps ID.me members verify their affiliation with various communities such as Military, Students, Nurses, Teachers, etc so that members can receive services and benefits from various brands. Additionally, the Community team can help users verify their Medical Credentials, Business Ownerships, and Income Verification to get access to certain goods and services which are only available to certain groups. The Communities team is also responsible for helping brands and partners easily integrate with ID.me community verification, configure policies for verification, and provide reporting on the verification process. This is a key growth area for the company and a very exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial engineers.
- Build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs
- Consistently ship small and medium features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs
- Effectively switch gears between maintaining and refactoring old code and writing newer and more modern services
- Use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free
- Demonstrate mastery of object-oriented programming languages, tools and technologies
- Solve complex technical problems with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Act as a mentor to junior developers through code reviews and document critiques, and actively participate in cross team knowledge sharing forums
- Proven track record of owning and shipping features end to end including thorough automated test coverage, observability, monitoring, and documentation
- Understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Exposure with deploying features using A|B testing strategies and ability to interpret results
- Experience building systems and services in a containerized, cloud based, infrastructure as code driven ecosystem in any cloud platform.
- Exposure with GCP utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, or Nomad
- Must have an obsession for building quality products
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning, and continuous improvement
- BS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Startup experience
- Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.