Principal Product Manager - Shop
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager who will own key consumer and partner experiences of ID.me Shop product on website, app, browser extension and more. We are a mission driven team focused on serving people who serve our communities such as Veterans, Teachers, First Responders, and Nurses. If you are looking to lead a high growth mission driven consumer marketplace, this is the place for you.
- Independently drive product strategy, roadmap and execution
- Empathize with users and understand their needs
- Break down problems using first principles thinking
- Develop ID.me Marketplaces product vision and strategy
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for your product
- Write high quality, detailed requirements documents
- Prioritize features using data and insights
- Develop program plans that incorporate interdependencies between functional areas
- Conduct market research for expansion into new markets and vertical segments
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to ensure the commercial success of ID.me’s products
- Operate a high-performance organization.
- Hold high standards, continually synthesize the situation, and anticipate risks.
- 10+ years of consumer product management experience
- 5+ years of marketplace/ecommerce experience
- Proven track record of launching and scaling “zero to one” products as well as driving innovation and growth for mature products
- Ability to drive clarity where there is ambiguity
- Strength in applying processes in a fast-paced environment while maintaining room for flexibility and quick iterations
- Thought leader with successful track record of communicating effectively with senior leadership
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, engineering, computer science, or similar discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MBA preferred but not required
The ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Obsession for building quality products
- Fast-paced environment with changing priorities and shifting gears
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for technology, learning and continuous improvement
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.