Account Executive - Communities
ID.me is a high-growth enterprise software company that simplifies how people prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button. ID.me’s digital identity network has over 117 million registered members, and is used by fourteen federal agencies, agencies in 30 states and over 600 corporations for secure identity proofing and verification.
ID.me’s technology meets the federal standards for consumer authentication set by the Commerce Department and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand digital access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to identity verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me has received numerous awards including Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500, Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies and Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year finalist. In recent quarters, ID.me announced it raised $132 million in Series D funding, led by Viking Global Investors with participation from CapitalG, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint, FTV Capital, PSP Growth, Auctus Investment Group, Moonshots Capital, and Scout Ventures. ID.me’s most recent round brings the total investment in ID.me to over $275 million since its founding in 2010.
- Execute on a sales strategy to meet or exceed bookings targets for assigned territory and accounts
- Prospect and self-generate a healthy sales pipeline of potential partners in the eRetailing space interested in offering Community-specific discounts (e.g., Military, First Responders, Students, Teachers, Nurses, etc.)
- Build and grow strong relationships with new customers, identifying the key stakeholders in the procurement process
- Understand customer pains and provide effective solutions to meet their business objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of our Community Verification products to key decision-makers
- Communicate technically complex products in an easy to understand manner through high quality sales presentations, demos, and proposals to prospects
- Work closely with internal teams, including Marketing, Solutions Consulting, and Customer Success, to ensure customer satisfaction and success
- Partner with Customer Success to expand within current customers to additional subsidiaries, divisions, brands, and provide feedback to product development teams.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and the competitive landscape of Community-specific discounting
- At least 5 years in a quota-carrying, “hunter” sales role
- Year-over-year track record of achieving quota and being recognized as a top performer
- Knowledge of e-commerce, MarTech, and performance marketing personas and budgets
- Experience working with customers in apparel, consumer electronics, home goods, and/or sports and outdoors segments
- Closed opportunities with ACVs ranging from $100k to $1m on 6 to 12 month sales cycles
- Trained in leading sales methodologies (i.e. Command of the Sale, Message)
- Experience selling technology into commercial markets, specifically top internet retailers
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with customers and building trust
- Experience working for a team in a startup at a growth stage is highly desired
- Experience with Salesforce
- Entrepreneurial personality, capable of effectively solving problems with minimal guidance
- Results-driven, highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate to a broad range of audience types at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Ability to manage the sales cycle from start to finish
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superb planning and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and ability to meet deadlines with little supervision
- Willingness to learn and adapt
The annual base salary listed below for this role is based on experience, skills, education, relevant training and geographic location. Company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, and benefits are available depending on the role.
ID.me offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts (medical, limited purpose, dependent care, commuter benefit accounts), basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) with company match, parental leave, ability to participate in unlimited paid time off subject to the terms and conditions of the PTO policy, including 8 company wide holidays, short and long-term disability insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, referral bonus policy, employee assistance program, pet insurance, travel assistant program, wellbeing and childcare discounts, benefit advocates, and a learning and development benefit.
The above represents the anticipated total rewards package for this job requisition. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on qualifications, professional experiences, skills, education, relevant training, geographic location, and other job related factors.
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.