Principal Regulatory Manager (Remote)
ID.me is a high-growth enterprise software company that simplifies how people prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button. ID.me’s digital identity network has over 117 million registered members, and is used by fourteen federal agencies, agencies in 30 states and over 600 corporations for secure identity proofing and verification.
ID.me’s technology meets the federal standards for consumer authentication set by the Commerce Department and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand digital access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to identity verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me has received numerous awards including Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500, Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies and Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year finalist. In recent quarters, ID.me announced it raised $132 million in Series D funding, led by Viking Global Investors with participation from CapitalG, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint, FTV Capital, PSP Growth, Auctus Investment Group, Moonshots Capital, and Scout Ventures. ID.me’s most recent round brings the total investment in ID.me to over $275 million since its founding in 2010.
We are looking for a business-minded, results-driven senior regulatory professional with product, framework, and program development, and audit experience. The position will report into Privacy and Regulatory, which is a nimble department seeking someone who enjoys wearing multiple hats, proactively takes on new responsibilities and is excited by the challenge of developing regulatory compliance programs and providing advisory opinions at a dynamic, fast-growing identity company. The individual will be highly responsive and operate with a sense of urgency when required. You must constantly operate in a manner that demonstrates sound judgment, strong attention to detail, and persistence in following issues to conclusion.
- Partner with a range of cross-functional teams, including legal, security, marketing, product, HR, business development, sales, finance, and operations, to identify and provide advice and guidance concerning regulatory matters impacting products, business and customers
- Develop mechanisms for evaluating compliance with regulatory obligations, and identify opportunities for leveraging common controls across regimes.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with the product and business teams to provide business-oriented advice and support at every step of the product life cycle, from design and development to customer support, marketing and advertising activities, and to counsel the product and business teams on applicable laws and regulations relating to regulatory applicability and compliance
- Develop and strengthen regulatory compliance programs, including identification of relevant frameworks and building out of additional compliance infrastructure for new regimes and jurisdictions, practices, and procedures
- Assisting in advising on potential product use cases in industries or jurisdictions affected by regulation (e.g., healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, etc)
- Engage with regulators and external partners by providing thought leadership and strategic direction on novel regulatory issues that impact ID.me
- Review proposed rulemakings, draft letters in response to proposed rulemakings and monitor evolving laws that may impact products and services, and assist with operationalizing and implementing compliant solutions.
- Draft and maintain consumer-facing policies, documents and related materials, including terms and conditions, product policies and disclosures, and implement related processes
- Support the development and maintenance of regulatory compliance resources, training, playbooks and materials
- Assist Legal and GRC team members in other projects as needed
- Minimum 6 years experience with a JD Degree or other applicable post graduate degree from an accredited school, or bachelor degree with equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance processes and program development, specifically in framework and control development, documentation, and testing
- Experience in conducting compliance assessments, reviews, and audits across business functions
- Sharp analytical skills, diligent, proactive, and collaborative, and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
- Comfortable in dynamic, fast-paced environments, with an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do the work
- Interest in the unique regulatory considerations in the identity space, including as they relate to the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in product- and operations-related processes
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
The annual base salary listed below for this role is based on experience, skills, education, relevant training and geographic location. Company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, and benefits are available depending on the role.
ID.me offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts (medical, limited purpose, dependent care, commuter benefit accounts), basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) with company match, parental leave, ability to participate in unlimited paid time off subject to the terms and conditions of the PTO policy, including 8 company wide holidays, short and long-term disability insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, referral bonus policy, employee assistance program, pet insurance, travel assistant program, wellbeing and childcare discounts, benefit advocates, and a learning and development benefit.
The above represents the anticipated total rewards package for this job requisition. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on qualifications, professional experiences, skills, education, relevant training, geographic location, and other job related factors.
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.