Senior Customer Success Manager - Sydney/Melbourne
About the Job:
The Senior Customer Success Manager reports directly into the regional CS leader and represents LaunchDarkly as the direct point-of-contact with our customers post-sales. They are LaunchDarkly subject-matter experts guiding our new and expanding customers towards implementation and adoption and helping them achieve their desired use-cases and value.
- Plan and own the successful onboarding and adoption with customers. You will meet with customers late in the sales cycle in order to define strategic and technical deliverables and outcome. You will collaborate on a prescriptive success plan that will maximize their time-to-value with LaunchDarkly.
- Couple technical knowledge with a consultative mindset to understand customer needs, gather technical and resource requirements, resources required, and influence decisions.
- Relationship management: You will become the customer advocate and a trusted advisor by developing productive relationships with stakeholders and manage the needs, expectations, requests and communication.
- Educate and evaluate: You’ll be a subject matter expert of the technical best practices, use cases and product adoption and will partner with of our Professional Services and Learning & Enablement teams to prescribe what is required to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Detect and diagnose risks and develop plans: Proactively diagnose risks to the account’s success and work with the account management team to take proper measures allowing the customer to get back on track. You identify possible churn or contraction risk early and work with the wider account- and renewal management team on mitigation.
- Document & Track: As your customers successfully complete onboarding, you’ll be responsible for documenting the process so that your account management team can have full insight into how they can best service the customer long term.
- Ability to build relationships quickly to identify opportunities and transform them into action
- Innate emotional intelligence, empathy, and negotiation skills - you build trust quickly and maintain it easily
- Ability to manage multiple work streams & teams
- Bias towards execution
- Problem-solving skills - you start with root cause and tailor solutions accordingly
- Strong critical thinking skills, including ability to identify suboptimal internal processes
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- 6+ years in a customer facing role, ideally in customer/partner success, onboarding/implementation, technical account management, engagement management, or customer support, with a track record of top performance
- Extensive experience project managing customers and holding cross-functional teams accountable to a timeline
- You’re used to measuring communication reach and effectiveness, establishing benchmarks, and leveraging results to inform strategic account plans
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly, including our industry, product and end user personas and confidently convey these concepts
- Experience demonstrating product functionality; ability to provide a comprehensive overview of key business use cases & facilitate technical conversations
- Ability to proactively engage with customers to understand use cases, leading & work shopping a path to long term scalable solutions
- Experience in building executive relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to travel ~30%
Target pay range for a Level 4 in Australia: $172,000 - $202,000 AUD *On Target Earnings (OTE) includes base pay and commission*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
Modern software delivery was supposed to be the foundation for a thriving digital business but reality has proven otherwise. Slow, inefficient development cycles, costly outages, and fragmented customer experiences are preventing developers from building their best software. The LaunchDarkly platform helps developers innovate on new features faster while protecting them with a safety valve to instantly rewind when things go wrong. Developers can target product experiences to any customer segment and maximize the business impact of every feature. And by gradually rolling out new application components, they escape nightmare "big-bang" technology migrations.
The LaunchDarkly platform was built to guide engineers to the next frontier of DevOps by:
- Improving the velocity and stability of software releases, without the fear of end customer outages
- Delivering targeted experiences by easily personalizing features to customer cohorts
- Maximizing the business impact of every feature through the ability to experiment and optimize
- Coordinating the release and optimization of software to provide consistent experiences across mobile platforms and device types
- Improving the effectiveness and productivity of engineering teams, by providing insights into engineering cadence and stability
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get beer results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.