Software Development Engineer in Test
LVT — LiveView Technologies
LVT (LiveView Technologies) is making the world a safer place and we need your help! Based in Utah, LVT is the world's leader for physical security platforms and data. With our systems in every state and working with Fortune 500 enterprise companies, we're positioned for massive growth in the years to come. While we were founded nearly 20 years ago (so we’re stable), we are still innovative and consistently scaling (at a rate of 100% year-over-year in the last 5 years). If you are looking for a market leading organization with untapped potential, look no further than LVT!
So about that scalability - we’ve been very intentional about our growth and profitability, which has driven our massive growth trajectory. To keep up with the explosive demand, we need self-motivated, innovative go-getters at every level. At LVT, we provide a fulfilling career that allows you to live your best life at work and at home. We provide the culture to work smart and have fun, while giving you the flexibility needed for yourself and your loved ones. If you are looking for an opportunity with leadership, ownership, accountability, and you're excited about contributing to a high-growth company with a strong foundation where you can make an immediate impact, read on!
The team is responsible for world class testing occurring during development. You will partner and integrate yourself within our internal software engineering teams and provide testing tools to the development teams to reduce handoffs, increase speed, and limit bugs from escaping. If you enjoy testing API's, this role is for you!
- Develop and maintain test strategies for workflows, and infrastructure, and ensure on-time execution of testing procedures while gathering critical data
- API testing
- Integration testing
- Deliver detailed test reports that provide useful insights to cross-functional engineering
- Develop detailed, repeatable test procedures and leverage automation wherever possible to ensure the quick execution of test and report processes
- Write automated test cases for user interfaces and back end technologies
- Review and approve pull requests involving automated test case updates
- Be the quality advocate for your designated sprint team
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years of SDET experience using selenium
- Strong API testing background (Postman, Karate)
- Experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Experience with software architecture, development, and release management
- 5 years of agile development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels of individuals
- Have a positive attitude and be proactive in fulfilling your job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience providing technical leadership and leading projects (test, release, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the overall systems integration and strategies for validating those systems
- Experience and understanding of internet security best practices
- Understanding of continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Unit testing experience a plus
- Experience with testing hardware and software together
- Experience with load and performance testing
Flexible Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(K), Equity, Health, Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life Insurance, Wellness Program and best of all working with awesome people - ask about that when you speak with us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All Candidates must pass a drug screening and background check upon employment. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.