Senior Machine Learning Engineer
LVT — LiveView Technologies
LVT (LiveView Technologies) is making the world a safer place and we need your help! Based in Utah, LVT is the world's leader for physical security platforms and data. With our systems in every state and working with Fortune 500 enterprise companies, we're positioned for massive growth in the years to come. While we were founded nearly 20 years ago, we are still innovative and consistently scaling. If you are looking for a market leading organization with untapped potential, look no further than LVT!
So about that scalability - we’ve been very intentional about our growth and profitability, which has driven our massive growth trajectory. To keep up with the explosive demand, we need self-motivated, innovative go-getters at every level. At LVT, we provide a fulfilling career that allows you to live your best life at work and at home. We provide the culture to work smart and have fun, while giving you the flexibility needed for yourself and your loved ones.
If you are looking for an opportunity with leadership, ownership, accountability, and you're excited about contributing to a high-growth company with a strong foundation where you can make an immediate impact, read on!
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will play a critical role on a small team of engineers that drive new technology development for LiveView Technologies. You will be responsible for designing and implementing ML systems for security and monitoring. Department leads will need your help to understand which problems are appropriate for ML, and to select the appropriate machine learning models for our business needs. Your recommendations will help guide us in design decisions that add significant value to the company. You will have an opportunity to impact the success of the business with ML, and in other areas of software engineering.
- Lead, design, implement, and improve ML and AI solutions
- Explore and research ML tools and technologies for the company
- Provide guidance on preparation of training data
- Create solutions optimized to combine Edge IOT devices and Cloud Services
- Design machine learning models for data and image processing tasks
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and data scientists
- Facilitate a culture of innovation, transparency, and clear communication
- Write and review technical documents, including requirements and design documents
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 4 + years of professional experience creating machine learning solutions
- 6+ years of professional experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python and open-source technologies
- Experience with supervised training, unsupervised training, reinforcement learning, and transfer learning
- Understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of common ML methods, and have the ability to select a valid approach for given business applications
- Experience with ML training data collection, and refining/optimizing/tuning of training data
- Familiarity with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-learn, MLPack, Caffe, etc.
- Have a team player attitude and focus on both team and individual goals
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree or PhD
- Experience with NN optimization (distillation, quantization, compression)
- Experience with any of the following areas: search, ranking, prediction, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, computer vision, multi-view geometry, multi-modal reasoning, multi-sensor geometry (sensor intrinsics, extrinsics), multi-modal sensor fusion, or machine perception
- Experience with embedded systems for signal processing and/or machine learning
- Experience with Databases and SQL
- Patents, published papers, or conference participation that is related to machine learning
- Experience presenting and visualizing results for a business audience
Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in AI, ML, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field
Flexible Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k), Equity, Health, Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life Insurance, Wellness Program and best of all working with awesome people - ask about that when you speak with us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All Candidates must pass a drug screening and background check upon employment. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.