Sr. Data Scientist
LVT — LiveView Technologies
LVT (LiveView Technologies) is making the world a safer place and we need your help! Based in Utah, LVT is the world's leader for physical security platforms and data. With our systems in every US state and several Fortune 500 enterprise companies as customers, we're positioned for massive growth in the years to come. While we were founded 18 years ago, we are still innovative and consistently scaling. If you are looking for a market leading organization with untapped potential, look no further than LVT!
So about that scalability - we’ve been very intentional about our growth and profitability, which has driven our massive growth trajectory. To keep up with the explosive demand, we need self-motivated, innovative go-getters at every level. At LVT, we provide a fulfilling career that allows you to live your best life at work and at home. We provide the culture to work smart and have fun, while giving you the flexibility needed for yourself and your loved ones.
If you are looking for an opportunity with leadership, ownership, accountability, and you're excited about contributing to a high-growth company with a strong foundation where you can make an immediate impact, read on!
As an experienced Data Scientist, you will play a critical role on a small team that drives new technology development at LiveView Technologies. You will combine statistical methods with computer science best practices to help meet our business needs. We will rely on your insight for collecting, filtering and preparing meaningful training data for machine learning projects. You will be instrumental in preparing the Information Management (IM) organization for future data science initiatives. You will guide ML engineering architecture to be a healthy extension of the larger IM architecture and prepare other engineers to share ML engineering work, as you start working on models. You will be a self-starter, able to build from the ground up leveraging your experience without the need for assistance, since you will be beginning the data science initiative.
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement emerging advanced analytics technologies, methods and best practices
- Locate new data sources (internal and external)
- Perform ML engineering in Databricks to support your models
- Create, optimize and deploy ML models including: problem definition; experiment planning; feature engineering; dimension reduction; model selection, training and evaluation; hyperparameter tuning; model deployment; and endpoint management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative or technical field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Ability applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems
- Programming skills in a scientific computing language (Python preferred) and SQL
- Understanding of modern software development and engineering practices including scrum/agile, Git, and DevOps
- Fluent in collaborative data science solutions–Databricks MLflow & AutoML are preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively translate technical concepts to stakeholders with a wide range of technical capabilities
Must have a BS or MS in related field
Flexible Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(K), Equity, Health, Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life Insurance, Wellness Program and best of all working with awesome people - ask about that when you speak with us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All Candidates must pass a drug screening and background check upon employment. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.