Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
The Material Bank analytics team is looking for a Data Analyst in our business intelligence dashboarding/ad hoc reporting space. The ideal candidate understands digital analytics and can provide tactical and strategic data via dashboards and reports enabling leadership to make data-driven decisions and manage the business effectively.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a bridge between decision-makers and the data needed to provide actionable insights
- Develop multi-domain expertise to drive results
- Manage an ongoing queue of requests for data ensuring that all requests are valid, accurate and completed within service level agreements
- Provide business intelligence via dashboarding and ad-hoc reporting to leadership and various other internal and external customers
- Ensure leadership expectations are met and results are delivered
- Identify gaps throughout the data pipeline and recommend solutions
- Collaborate with IT teams on technology enhancements to improve the data governance and data quality monitoring processes and to resolve technical issues with data governance tools.
- Articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in speech and writing
- Cultivate and manage relationships at the company and among the team
- Collaborate with the team lead and do so in a manner consistent with our culture and values
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in in a quantitative discipline: computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, information systems, engineering, economics, or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant working experience in data management, accounts payable/receivables, procurement or accounting and finance
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge and direct application of data governance or data management practices
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects and tasks
- Experience using Tableau for analysis and ad-hoc reports
- Extensive industry experience providing analytical services to executive-level stakeholders of varying technical backgrounds
- Hands-on experience building and iterating on self-serve, data visualization tools
- Working knowledge or experience in data collection, transformation, and storage from various sources including relational databases, APIs, logs, and unstructured files
- Strong self-starter who can create and lead new projects from scratch with minimal guidance, oversight, or resources
- Collaborative, team player who can thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing, ambiguous requirement
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.