At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on helping organizations around the world create better customer experiences. Our AI-powered cloud contact center solutions optimize our customers’ most critical customer service processes. We are recognized as a Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) leader by influential research organizations including Gartner. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint.
This individual will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with a fast-moving technology company and its senior management to build annual budgets, manage forecasts, and provide decision support through financial analyses to ensure optimal returns on strategic investments. This is crucial in guiding financial and operational matters across the R&D organization.
- Support the annual budget, quarterly forecast, and long-term strategic planning processes for our R&D organization.
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end close activities. Work with the Accounting team to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Design and refine detailed financial models that forecast and analyze functional costs to fully understand sources of variance and, ultimately, improve forecast accuracy
- Conduct in-quarter puts & takes review sessions – ensure that the organization can flex and react to short-term budget surpluses/deficits, including developing and maintaining KPIs for all aspects of the R&D organization.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management.
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams to synthesize and integrate updates relating to variances in actual procurement activity relative to budget forecasts.
- Support executive management by providing timely ad hoc reporting on critical issues.
- Become embedded with business partners across the R&D organization, establishing trust, building relationships, and deeply understanding relevant drivers.
- Four-year university degree in finance, economics, or accounting required
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience preferred; SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Experience with headcount and Opex management
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization with an emphasis on partnering with the various business leaders
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with experience developing and delivering presentations
- Expertise in building Excel-based financial models, with an emphasis on aggregating and analyzing data to provide actionable insights
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently
- Experience with financial systems- NetSuite, Adaptive Insights is a plus.